If I eat more for breakfast, I get hungry earlier

Why is that? Yesterday I ate 2 eggs, a cup of Kashi grain cereal with a cup of Soy Milk for about 450 calories and was hungry at around 10:30 at work. Today I ate the same cereal and soy milk but ate 3 eggs + 2 whites, prepared in the same fashion as yesterday, yet I'm hungry at 9am? Is it because my metabolism is able to speed up because of my food intake? I'm still staying within my caloric intake per day (2700 calories).

Replies

• Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    The same thing happens to me. I find it easier to break up my breakfast calories and have a smaller breakfast and the rest of my breakfast calories at about 10:00am. I always get hungry at about 10:00am, no matter what I've had for breakfast!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    I string breakfast out along three hours or so for the same reasons - Don't know why it happens though : /
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Wow... I'd say more protein or more fiber to keep you full longer, but you seem to have that under control! How odd. Maybe break it up? Have the eggs earlier, cereal later, or something...
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I have a hard time front loading my day - if I eat a big breakfast early, I'm starving by 11, and find myself out of calories and absolutely FAMISHED by bedtime.

I do much better with 2 cups of morning coffee.. then an apple with pb about 9am, lunch at 12, coffee at 2, dinner at 5:30, and a post workout powerbar.