weight loss slower after the first 20lbs...

Options
Well, I've noticed that for me...after I lost the first 20lbs or so my weight loss has really slowed down. I've been trying to switch up my work out routine to keep my body guessing. Has anyone else noticed this? I started off with almost 50 lbs to lose and I'm at 28lbs lost. I'm trying not to get discouraged but it's getting a little difficult to stay positive :frown:

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeah I lost the first 26 lbs 6 weeks and now I am on track to not lose anything this week but I have not changed my diet really, I did add strength training to my cardio this week so my body might be confused.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It's not that hitting 20 pounds means it magically slows down, the less you have to lose the slower it comes off. If you only have 22 pounds left to go it may take a lot longer than the first 28 did. This is pretty normal.
  • Ilovesewing
    Ilovesewing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It sure did for me. I lost 15 pounds pretty consistently. I'm at 19 pounds now and the last 4 have just creeped off. And I'm nowhere near my goal. My diet hasn't changed - I'm very consistent with what and I eat. I just keep chugging along.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep track of measurments too! I might not have lost weight this week but I can see the difference.
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    Make sure you keep track of measurments too! I might not have lost weight this week but I can see the difference.

thants a very good point..thank you for all of your insight