Maybe you can help me with this weirdness....

Options
2»

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    the other thing I'm wondering about is how accurately you're measurements are? Are you sure you're getting the same place every time?

The measurements are accurate. I am very careful about choosing the same place each time. Besides, I've dropped a clothing size and am now wearing clothes that I couldn't wear 3 weeks ago. And the clothes that I was wearing in January is falling off and looks way too baggy. So I take this as a sign that I'm measuring correctly and actually much smaller than I was.

Any chance water weight could be having an affect??
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    10 inches?

Can I be you? There's a dress I'd like to wear!

^^Me too!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I rather lose inches any day than see a scale number move!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    It amuses me that people say 'Don't worry about the scale' 'Weight means nothing, just go by your measurements' 'Throw your scale away and just focus on inches' etc etc.........This entire site is weight oriented! You cannot have 'success' on MFP without losing weight. And, especially for females, we WANT to lose WEIGHT. My pants may be getting a bit looser but the it's only the scale that makes me happy (or unhappy as the case is lately). There's no glossing over the fact that the scale DOES matter (unfortunately).
    obvioulsy it is hard to not focus on weight, but eventually it has to be more about how you look at feel- check out this article for an example about how you can look better and thinner at a higher weight:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • morslene
    Options
    The scale will come. The muscle gain can't continue for ever at the same pace you're seeing it now. So, when the weight loss comes it'll come quickly.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ly6du9yNrQ1r8zwkho1_1280.jpg

muscle-vs-fat.jpg
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, but eventually it will be lower on the scale in my opinion. Don't forget, in the beginning especially, your body will soak up water and retain it to heal from strength training. I keep thinking the same thing - but unless you are really putting on that much muscle, I'm guessing it will eventually show on the scale. But keep up the good work - those are what we call NSV's - non-scale victories along the way to keep us motivated when the scale doesn't move right away!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I've got a special kinda weirdness going on, and I need your thoughts:

Since Jan 26, I have not lost any weight. Not half a pound, nada. zippo, nil.

But....I have lost about 10.5 inches in that same time period.

How the heck is this even possible? How can a person lose that many inches, and not have anything reflect on the scale??????
    BTW, its not like I'm anywhere near my goal weight - if that matters.

ok, give it to me straight....what's happening here?

This is one of the reasons that it is NOT calories IN / Calories OUT.

It has nothing to do with the NUMBER of calories one is eating. It is the QUALITY of where those calories come from.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Muscle girl! When people do straight plyometrics, they can stay literally the exact same weight but be in totally different and amazing shape. I bet your body fat percentage is down too :) The number on the scale doesn't really matter as long as you're seeing some kind of change. Good job!

Excuse my ignorance, but what are plyometric??
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm just jealous! I want to lose 10 inches as well!