Turbofire

Options
Hi all,

I started Turbofire yesterday and I am curious about the schedule. I don't really want to do it 6 times a week...I recently finished C25K and am really enjoying my running. Do you think it will still be effective as a weightloss tool if I do turbofire alternate days and run on days in between?

There is no way I have time to do both in a day. I work full time, have 2 small children and have a dog I also need to walk each day.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• melbaby925
    Options
    Hey Girlie! I've started rotating my DVDs - one day I'll let Jillian torture me, then the next I'll do pushups, and the next TurboFire or TurboJam. I think it's way more fun that way and if I'm too sore or tired to do the walking + the video, then I just do the walking. I *have* to do the walking or the dog will get all restless and that's never good...it'd wind up as a death spiral to the Dog Whisperer :) I'm video-ing 3-5 times a week at the moment.

Since I started rotation like this, I've lost 3 inches in January and 2 pounds!
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbo Fire 3 rounds...the first round I did it by the books,the other rounds i did my own thing.I would do TF Monday-Friday,then Power walk on the weekends.I go great results with doing both!I would try and follow the schedule as much as you can,it is way worth the pain!!! Good luck!
  • MelanieK109
    MelanieK109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am doing turbofire at the moment and am on my 5th week. Trying to follow as best as I can. I have only lost 4 pounds, but I do notice that I have firmed up. I walk on the weekends and do the videos on the week days. I skip the yoga, because I get bored. The videos are a great workout and she is a lot of fun! Watch out for your knees, I skip the jumping moves and try to keep it low impact as much as I can. Have fun!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice- pick a day you don't want to do besides the rest day and then do your running those 2 days. If you need to rest more besides this- go for it. I found that after I did c25k I did the same- turbo fire after...I didn't run as often as I was and it showed. I am now working back up to my 30 min runs...I can still run 30 min but not every time- so I know I am not as conditioned as I first was with c25k. Turbofire is awesome...but you don't have to go exactly by their program. Chalene even posted some topic about this on youtube- she is only concerned you get exercise in and enjoy it! Keep up with the running or you will probably find the same happen to you as me. I know you are doing awesome with that so stick with it- make turbofire your addition to running....hope this is of some help:)!!!
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i mix it up myself :)