Eggs <3

Options
I was looking over my food diary recently and noticed that I eat a lot of eggs! I thought I may as well ask MFPers, how many eggs do you go through in a day? A week? Yolks in or out? How do you like your eggs prepared?

I usually have about 2-3 eggs a day - so 14-21 during the week.
Hard boiled is my preference.
Yolks in (of course!) sliced up with black pepper and slices of tomato, or on top of my Shiritaki stir fry! :)

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ZERO!

I hate eggs with a passion.
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I eat a ONE boiled egg everday. Hardboiled and I try to eat the yolk alternate days.
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    ZERO!

I hate eggs with a passion.

Aw, boo-urns. :(.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I find eggs are one of the best foods to keep me full longer. I try to eat them 3-5 times a week. I always have one whole egg and two whites. I either boil them and scoop two yolks out, have them on an english muffin, or make a scrambled omelet with mushrooms, peppers and lean ham. Last night I made a big crustless quiche with a carton of egg whites, turkey bacon, veggies and cheese on top. Even my picky children ate it :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eggs but don't eat them as much as I probably could. I read alot of people will hard boil a whole bunch and eat them as snacks. I personally use the whole thing, yokes included. My husband and I love to have omelettes for dinner.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I could eat them everyday. I don't eat them nearly enough. The only reason why I don't is because of prep time.

I have started adding egg whites to my oatmeal in the morning. They are really good that way. I can't get over how much more filling my breakfast is because of them.

I like them all ways. Fried. Scrambled. Omelet.
  • littleaprilina
    Options
    I love eggs but I don't eat them that often.
    I like them fried, scrambled, poached, and hardboiled!
    I usually eat the yolks if I make them poached or fried. If it's hardboiled I only eat the whites. If it's scrambled it depends. Sometimes it's just whites and other times it's one normal egg then add in some whites.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat usually 3 hard boiled eggs every morning for breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, for a total of 21 eggs a week.

It seems to keep me on track, as far as eating breakfast. I always hated eating breakfast.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    have been digging the egg beaters recently. just discovered the southwestern style, with onions and peppers and whatnot in there. really very good in the morning on an english muffin with a few slices of deli ham and some cheese. and it's under 300 calories, too!
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    I find eggs are one of the best foods to keep me full longer. I try to eat them 3-5 times a week. I always have one whole egg and two whites. I either boil them and scoop two yolks out, have them on an english muffin, or make a scrambled omelet with mushrooms, peppers and lean ham. Last night I made a big crustless quiche with a carton of egg whites, turkey bacon, veggies and cheese on top. Even my picky children ate it :)

I agree!

Quiche! My other love! How could I have forgotten about quiches? :love:

I always get stuck in eating the same foods week in week out since I cook in bulk. I may have to add crustless quiche to my repertoire. Feel free to suggest any recipes! :)

I have been digging the egg beaters. I just discovered the southwestern style, with onions and peppers and whatnot in there. really very good in the morning on an english muffin with a few slices of deli ham and some cheese. and it's under 300 calories, too!

Oh I used to love getting egg beaters but for some reason, I've fallen back into good ol' regular eggs. :) I think I like the ease of boiling an egg than having to mess around with a frying pan in the mornings. Lol
    I eat usually 3 hard boiled eggs every morning for breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, for a total of 21 eggs a week.

It seems to keep me on track, as far as eating breakfast. I always hated eating breakfast.

I, too, used o be a breakfast hater. I still have to force myself to get up and get something in the morning but now, I thoroughly enjoy my breakfast! (oatmeal, fruit and an egg! :D )
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    2-5 a day.
    Eggs are a go-to for me for breakfast (scrambled, over-easy, making a no flour "pancake"), but on top of that I absolutely LOVE hard boiled eggs, so that's why I eat so much more than just the 2 at breakfast.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love eaggs too, I eat the WHOLE egg none of this whites only business. I do not have high cholesterol

Recently I have been eating 2 scrambled with low sodium ham and a sprinkle of 2% milk cheese. Sometimes I eat them with salsa and that is yummy as well.

I like them hardboiled as a snack before a workout and have even taking them hiking with me in the winter.

My favorite and least healthy is fried over easy with bacon.
  • DeathStrider
    Options
    I try to eat 8 or more egg whites a day. It the best way for me to get my protein intact without jeopordizing my carb/fat intake.

I am suppose to eat close to 319g of protein a day.

I ussually make omlettes with a little bit of cajun spice.
  • XxKeNnYxX
    XxKeNnYxX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 3 egg whites 3 times a day for snack and before the gym. I usually just add spicy seasoning and nuke them for just over a minute. It's a quick fix while at work.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love eggs, but found out I'm allergic to the egg white :sad: I live vicariously through my MFP friends from looking through their food diaries at the eggs they consume!! lol
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, but I love ice cream more. :)

Realize that eggs are more micro-nutritionally dense, But I REALLY love ice cream. LOL

Yolks in of course.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I cannot tell you how much I love eggs. I don't eat them nearly as often as I would like to. I like them devilled, hard boiled, scrambled with lots of dill and pepper, Sunny side up with hot sauce over rice, or over easy on toast with pepper and ketchup. Always with yolks! Yummmmmm.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat eggs on their own. In pancakes or soufflés maybe, but probably only 2 a week in omelettes, and I never eat them boiled or poached. Bleurgh.
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    it makes me happy that you eat a lot of eggs and you look so good!! I love eggs, I pan fry them (with cooking spray, scramble them, hard boil them, poach them, I even crack one (or two whites) into my oatmeal and cook it through sometimes to make it kickass oatmeal.
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Loveeeee eggs!
    Depending what I eat that day depends on how many I eat. 1-5

I love hard boiled; plain, soysauce or tea marbled.

I love fried with toast

Poached on salads

Scrambled with salsa.

<3 Eggs