Meds are messing with my appetite!

Options
I had a huge allergy attack last night and had to take some medicine for it this morning. I hate doing this because it makes me sick to my stomach and I don't want to eat. Sounds great, right? LOL Except that once the meds wear off in the afternoon, I am suddenly famished and prone to binge!

I'm trying to plan ahead. Any advice? I want today to rock!!

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking a daily medication that makes me have like zero appetite. It's not something I can just stop taking either (rather not post what it is---people are judgey). But basically, I schedule my eating. I know how many calories I have to eat, so I just do it. And when I can't make myself eat something, I drink a good protein shake. My favs are the muscle milk light and EAS carb advantage, they have a lot of nutrients, some calories, but no sugar and they're low carb. I won't be hungry but I'll look at the clock at say "Ok, it's 10:30, I have to eat a snack now."

It sucks, but it's necessary!

Maybe if your stomach is too upset in the morning, when you are hungry, schedule out your calories so you don't inhale everything at once. Being on a strict schedule has REALLY helped me :)
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I choked down a bunch of rice cakes today. I couldn't finish my shake or my salad, but I did what I could. I'm gonna hit the hay and hope for a better day tomorrow. I hope you don't have to take those meds forever, that sucks!