Winning the Lottery?? What would you do??

Options
elliott062907
elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
1. I would pay off my home. I have no debt other then my mortgage. Then I would finish building on to the house and add another 3 bay garage.

2. I would pay off all my families house mortgages or cars. What ever they are in debt with. I don't think I would give a lump sum of money, because they would come back for more..."greed can get ya"

3. I would make sure my son is set for life for college, house and car, as well as my nephews and nieces.

4. I would open a charity for the Childrens Hospital, John Hopkins and all other child related centers, as long as I have control over the spending. I would name it Patty-Adams, after my hubbies sister and my nephew, that are now gone from us.

5. I would buy a lot of property to hold car shows for charities, we rebuild/restore, drag and drive/buy, old cars... The charities would be ligit and we would help those in the community that have a lot of doc bills.. or need work on their homes, with the stipulation, that all their family members help out.

6. I would become unlisted and stay put and be happy like I am now, just richer.....

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    1. I would pay off my home. I have no debt other then my mortgage. Then I would finish building on to the house and add another 3 bay garage.

2. I would pay off all my families house mortgages or cars. What ever they are in debt with. I don't think I would give a lump sum of money, because they would come back for more..."greed can get ya"

3. I would make sure my son is set for life for college, house and car, as well as my nephews and nieces.

4. I would open a charity for the Childrens Hospital, John Hopkins and all other child related centers, as long as I have control over the spending. I would name it Patty-Adams, after my hubbies sister and my nephew, that are now gone from us.

5. I would buy a lot of property to hold car shows for charities, we rebuild/restore, drag and drive/buy, old cars... The charities would be ligit and we would help those in the community that have a lot of doc bills.. or need work on their homes, with the stipulation, that all their family members help out.

6. I would become unlisted and stay put and be happy like I am now, just richer.....
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    First of all- I'd make sure my dad had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life.
    Then I'd buy myself a new house, and I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting to have my car restored. I'd pay to have a frame-off, full restoration done on it. Then I'd take my girls on a road trip (I've always wanted to follow I-75 from Miami to Canada or wherever it ends.)
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like this thread ok here's what I would do..
    buy a house
    put money aside for my kids future
    help out my parents
    and bank the rest....
    alright I'm not that much of a saint I would take a thousand and go clothes shopping perhaps that's not a huge amount to some people but to me it would be perfect I haven't gone mall shopping in 13 years:happy:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious - paying off debt, setting up trusts for kids and parents, and upgrading to more comfortable surroundings, I would probably spend the rest of my life as a student, and traveling.
    I would also be compelled by my own conscience to tithe, and to donate $$ to and work with the needy.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    First thing I would do is buy a house on some nice big land wayyyyy back a lane with a gate lol!!
    Then, I would help my sister and my mom out however they needed it!
    Then, new cars for all of us!
    College money for my son.
    New clothes for all of us.
    A fund for Children's Hospital for the neonatal unit.
    And, I don't know what else lol!
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would split it evenly three ways between myself and both my sisters.
    I would set up a huge trust fund, and arrange for the interest to be spread out between different charities - forever.
    I would pay off a couple of friends mortgages, especially my friend Sherry who has recently purchased a farm because she runs a rescue for pigs - both potbellied and farm pigs. I would make sure that she would never be in debt for the animals.
    I would also pay off the mortgage of my neighbour to the south. They have been the absolute BEST neighbours anyone could ever ask for, with the most fabulous three daughters. Things are tough for them right now, as it is for many, so I think it would go a long way to be free of that debt. If I had enough, I would also open university/college trust funds for their three daughters.
    I would get rid of everything, except the animals and a few sentimental items, and I would pack up and move to England. I have wanted to live there all my life. I would probably go to university to study something I love, like archeology or anthropology.
    I would hire a professional cook to make me delicious, healthy, vegetarian foods for the rest of my life.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Buy my mom and siblings their homes.
    Buy my dream house... a ranch style 4 bedroom house(with LOTS of closet space) on 200 acres and have a working farm and just live off the land.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    ahh i can dream!
    I would pay of my student loans
    Buy a home
    Put away enough money for future kids colleges
    Buy myself and my husband a car
    then... i would
    give some to chairties (most likely to famine, AIDS research/prevention, education and schools in third world counties)
    pay of my parents house
    give some to my siblings to go towards there childrens education
    BANK :D

i wish :D
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well I don't buy lottery tickets but if someone gave me one and I won big, the first think I'd do would be give 10% to my church. Then I'd split the rest between myself, my two kids and my three sisters. With my share, I'd pay off my school loan and my credit cards and buy a nice manufactured home.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    1. pay off debt
    2. buy a house
    3. quit my job i hate
    4. let hubby go back to school
    5. save the rest
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would buy myself a wife from a different country
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I would buy myself a wife from a different country

You're finding some old threads. :) I like it.

I'd give my 3 kids a good portion of it, donate some to an animal shelter and our local library. Maybe buy a little cottage out in the middle of nowhere, build a fence around the whole area and get more dogs. :) Then I'd travel.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    A 22yo kid working at the grocery just won $70 000 000 not taxable here...
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Leave NYS, and go somewhere else. Though I'm not sure where tbh. I just know I don't want to be here, CA, or Illinois.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Oops, didn't someone dig up this old thread, then made the post disappear? Tell me I'm not losing my mind?
    And is that why I got a disagree?? WTH
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    go surfing.

down Mexico way.

*shrug
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I'd be dead in 3 to 5 weeks.

........ probably closer to 3.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    1. Pay off all of my debt.
    2. Buy a home in the mountains
    3. Quit my desk job
    4. Buy my dream camera and travel the world photographing all of the beauty in the world!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I'd buy a timeshare in Wuhan, China.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    • Pay off debt (not a ton to pay off, but I dislike it being there at all)
    • Invest (finally) in a home and build it from scratch on some land where we could homestead.
    • Donate some annually to an animal based charity or charities to help shelter animals, abused animals or animals that are endangered or at risk of becoming so.
    • Invest in something cool even if it turns out to flop in the end.
    • Hoard the rest like a dragon and use sparingly on fancy things every now and again, old furniture or nice gifts for others.