I need advice about exercising!

Options
I live in a 2-family house on the top floor. I am currently doing (or attempting, I should say) Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I feel like I can't do the cardio because it's jumping jacks and such because I feel like I'm pounding on the floor. What should I do?

Replies

• Catherinekiss
    Catherinekiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    maybe take some time out to the gym, or even fid some other forms of cardio ( i dance for example)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I can't do the jumps, so I bounced in place, never leaving the floor, waving my arms like a mad woman.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My sister lives in a condo - same issue, she simply isn't allowed to do it. Sucks
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I personally think you have a right to workout in your home. But be respectful about it. If you need to jump for 30 minutes a day, just try and do them at non-obnoxious hours. In a perfect world your downstairs neighbors should applaud your desire to be healthy!

I used to do Turbo Fire on a second floor apartment. but when we moved, my husband and I intentionally got a first floor apartment.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    can you talk to the family below you and find out when they won't be home and schedule your workouts then?
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    talk to the people downstairs because if your working out at a reasonable time it may not be an issue.
  • abigailrschwartz
    abigailrschwartz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I substitute the jumping jacks for the punching-squats thingy. It seems to work.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I think if you are doing it at a reasonable hour it shouldn't matter. If your not waking anyone up-then they will just have to deal with it for 20 minutes!
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I usually do it around 10am or so, I don't think the wife works but yeah I guess I could talk to her about it. I still feel bad :ohwell:
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    you pay to live there, as long as it between 10am - 10pm people shouldn't care.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Same issue, I live in an apartment on the middle floor. My go to workout is the wii dance. I try to step and jump softly bending my knees, but noise is bound to happen. What I do is I have the wii in my kids bedroom and I do it only during not sleeping times with the thought process of "most apartment people are in the kitchen or living room during waking hours". So far its working okay. I have two kids too so the people below me will have to deal with it the same as I deal with the middle of the night parties going on in the apartment above me.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I applauded your courtesy, go to the neighbors and speak to them. Explain that you are on a journey and see if there is a time when they would not have an issue with you exercising. I work shifts and have for a great number of years; nothing irks me more then someone ringing my door bell at noon. For most people this is normal I answer with a baseball bat and ask if they can read the sign that stating DO NOT DISTURB, sorry temp vent. Maybe the neighbors and you can find a good time.
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    As long as it's during reasonable hours, and you know that they don't work night shift, I'd just go ahead and do it. It's not like there is THAT much jumping. You are only jumping for just a few short intervals throughout the workout.