Hi there!

Hi everyone!

My name is Tina, and I'm new to the site and boards. I read many of the posts before deciding to post my own hello. The journey we're all on and the kind words everyone has for each other are very inspiring!

I admit to not having a lot of weight to lose, and I tend to not tell people I want to lose because they give me an eye roll and "tsk". It's hard to explain that I may not *look* like I need to lose weight, but my body *feels* like I do. I tend to think most think I'm a bit touched in the head or have an eating disorder.

I have some medical issues, and so it's not even the weight loss as much as the healthy eating and the daily movement that I need more than anything, but eaiting right and moving tends to make ya lose a few unwanted pounds, too! :)

If I can keep up with the daily menu and excercise plan- even on the days when I hurt from my Fibromyalgia and I'm worn out because of the Chronic Fatigue- then eventually I'll have the energy I need to combat the illness I suffer from. It's a vicious cycle where exercising helps ward off Fibro flares and length of time they last, but I'm so tired and in so much pain that I don't want to exercise!

So anyhoo, here I am working very hard not to fall back into the slump I've been in for the last few years. I want to get back to my old life when I had energy, felt good more often than not, looked good in my clothing, and was strong enough to do simple things like lift a 40 lb bag of dog food without having to ask the Petsmart employee for help!!

I'm looking forward to making friends here along our journeys!

Replies

• Hi everyone!

My name is Tina, and I'm new to the site and boards. I read many of the posts before deciding to post my own hello. The journey we're all on and the kind words everyone has for each other are very inspiring!

I admit to not having a lot of weight to lose, and I tend to not tell people I want to lose because they give me an eye roll and "tsk". It's hard to explain that I may not *look* like I need to lose weight, but my body *feels* like I do. I tend to think most think I'm a bit touched in the head or have an eating disorder.

I have some medical issues, and so it's not even the weight loss as much as the healthy eating and the daily movement that I need more than anything, but eaiting right and moving tends to make ya lose a few unwanted pounds, too! :)

If I can keep up with the daily menu and excercise plan- even on the days when I hurt from my Fibromyalgia and I'm worn out because of the Chronic Fatigue- then eventually I'll have the energy I need to combat the illness I suffer from. It's a vicious cycle where exercising helps ward off Fibro flares and length of time they last, but I'm so tired and in so much pain that I don't want to exercise!

So anyhoo, here I am working very hard not to fall back into the slump I've been in for the last few years. I want to get back to my old life when I had energy, felt good more often than not, looked good in my clothing, and was strong enough to do simple things like lift a 40 lb bag of dog food without having to ask the Petsmart employee for help!!

I'm looking forward to making friends here along our journeys!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Barbina32
    Barbina32 Posts: 11
    Hello Tina, I hope you enjoy this website, the forums give you a lot of valuable information and you realize that your not the only one feeling the way you do!!!!!!! Goodluck with your journey:wink:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Welcome Tina!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smile: