Hi there

Options
Hello all. I am new to the site. Originally from Scotland now living in Texas. I joined a week ago and have found it very interesting especially the tracking of my food and exercise. Thought I would introduce myself. Hoping to lose 30-40lbs. Starting off at 206lbs which is a wee bit much to carry at 5'6". I have started using a trainer for 6 sessions to relearn my way around the gym. As I am a golfer and 54 years old I am focusing mainly on cardio, stretching and weights - lighter weights with higher reps. I'm not interested in building muscle just burning fat and toning.

Hope to meet some new friends!

Replies

• ninapmbailey
    ninapmbailey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the site. My goal is to lose about 30 pounds. Currently I weight 190. I'm 52 years old, mother of three grown children and living in Calgary, Canada. Good luck with your weight loss and if you need to chat, vent or whatever, I would love to be there for you.
  • jna1957
    Options
    Hello there and many thanks for the response. I have a sister who moved from Aberdeen, Scotland to Sherwood Park which I believe is not too far from you. I'd like to add you to my friend's list but not sure how to. Still trying to figure the site out!
  • HeyHeyJeffreyJay
    Options
    Hi I'm Jeffrey! I live in the Dallas area. Goodluck on your endeavors!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. :) I lived in Glasgow for a bit over a year and I just love Scotland.