College Students and Lack of Time

Options
This semester, I am trying as hard as I can to get good grades so my health is the first thing to go. I have been feeling so large recently because my clothes don't look good on me since my problem areas have become more of a problem.

I see so many people out running and I just wonder how they have the time. Any time that I want to go exercise, I know I should be studying and I feel guilty working out if there is homework to be done. Then I will take a test, not do well, and then think back to that time and regret it.

I simply cannot commit to running miles and miles a day because I need to do well in school. Should I just give up on health and focus on school? That is what I have been doing and I am not happy with myself. :cry:

Anyone else having a hard time balancing work with health?

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I hate to sound rude, but trust me, you have a lot more free time in college than you do later in life. I've seen a few posts about college students not having any time and it's kinda bothered me. I would kill to have the lifestyle I did in college (btw, my gpa was a 3.5 and I took 18 hours most semesters, plus worked 2 jobs).

It's all about making it a priority. Of course, your grades are important, but you can squeeze in an hour a day if you really think about it. Need to study? Prop that book or notebook on a treadmill or elliptical machine. Get up an hour earlier and do a workout DVD.

When I was a kid my mom had 2 children to take care of, a full time job, went to graduate school at night, taught aerobics classes and worked out every day. And still had dinner on the table and the laundry done. Time management. If you're anal like me, make a spreadsheet to plan out your week, it can be done!