I just found out ........

Milliebear66
Milliebear66 Posts: 23 Member
that 6 slices of bread has the same amount of salt as 5 packets of crisps.. amazed I am ... just thought I would share that with you .. Happy Wednesday :wink: xx

Replies

• I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    if you're eating 6 slices of bread, the salt content is the last thing you should be worrying about

/trollpost
  • if you're eating 6 slices of bread, the salt content is the last thing you should be worrying about

/trollpost

I was kinda thinking the same thing...:ohwell:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    I ate 6 pieces of bread one time. I felt like I was pregnant from the dough ball.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Depends on who makes the bread... Just saying...
  • Milliebear66
    Milliebear66 Posts: 23 Member
    alot of people eat 6 slices of bread, I don't, I was just sharing information.. 2 toasted for breakfast, 4 for lunch (sandwiches).. easily done .....
  • as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...

Hi. I'm Tiffany, and I'm a carboholic. I've definitely smashed more than 6 slices of bread in one sitting on numerous occasions, which is why I do not keep bread in my house. Call me crazy; just being honest :wink:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...

*high five* Me too :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    if you're eating 6 slices of bread, the salt content is the last thing you should be worrying about

/trollpost

sometimes theres truth in trolling.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    MFP. I came for the calorie tracker, I stayed for the sound salt intake advice
  • as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...

Hi. I'm Tiffany, and I'm a carboholic. I've definitely smashed more than 6 slices of bread in one sitting on numerous occasions, which is why I do not keep bread in my house. Call me crazy; just being honest :wink:

My mom didn't believe me, but I did weird crap like that all the time. I'm thinking I was half too lazy to put anything ON the bread, but I also really just like bread. I wouldn't do that now, as an adult, but didn't care back then.
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    1 bagel is equivalent to 5 pieces of bread. I almost died when i found out...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    There is low sodium bread out there.

it is naaaaaaaaaaaaasty.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member

Really!? omg... glad I don't eat them.. I'd always thought they were healtier.

I don't eat crisps, and have pretty much given up bread, but have never eaten 6 slices in one sitting... half a cheesecake yes but not 6 slices of bread! lol

We all have our 'old habits' but it's our new ones that matter the most.

Keep up the great work!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    I make my own bread - a pinch of salt is all i ever add (ok, i do boil bagels in saltwater before baking).
    problem with fresh bread is that it's way too easy to eat.
    my concern would lie with the salted butter before the bread any day....
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    6 slices of bread is not as much as people are making it out to be. That's about 300 calories with the kind of whole wheat bread I eat.
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    What about eating a whole box of oatmeal cream pies while in a deer stand for 8 hr. Lol. That's got to be way worse than 6pcs of bread
  • Yup, thats why cardiac patients dont get bread. It sucks. You'll have the sweetest little old man recovering from an MI and all he wants is toast with raspberry jam for breakfast and you have to be the ***** and tell him no.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member

ME TOO!! Gah.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    what are "crisps" ??