jammed scales?

Options
So I've kept under 1200 calories all week, exercised every day yet my scales stay the same weight (within100 grams) every night. WHY?????????

Replies

• khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    try eating at 1200 calories and any excercise calories you earn eat them back aswell, drink lots of water all this should give you results by your next weigh in good luck x
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    When you say eat all your exercise calorie. Do you mean whatever calories you burn exercising is what you should eat also?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are going to jump down your throat for being under 1200 calories all week and say you are going into starvation mode. You haven't been at this long enough for that. However, how far under are you eating? 1200 is your calorie goal and you are supposed to get as close to it as possible, not necessarily under it either. If you do continue under eating, you may eventually store more fat than you lose. Ultimately, if this is all still new to you, I suggest giving it some more time. If you are eating a lot of packaged food or restaurant food it is likely to be full of sodium which can leave you bloated. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When you say eat all your exercise calorie. Do you mean whatever calories you burn exercising is what you should eat also?

Yes, MFP's goals are set for you to have a deficit if you stick to your calorie goal. The concept is if you exercise, you need to refuel your body by eating those calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself at night?

Unless you work night shift and sleep all day, you should weigh first thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the rest room.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    Because you're under eating
  • jennafluff
    Options
    yesterday I ate 1237 calories so was about right. But also yesterday I earnt 689 calories by exercise, it sort of feels wrong to eat all that extra food - I wasn't hungry, I felt good - I just find it hard to understand how eating MORE can help me lose weight. Kind of like Doc Hudson telling Lightning McQueen to 'turn right to go left'???
  • lornalozza83
    Options
    yesterday I ate 1237 calories so was about right. But also yesterday I earnt 689 calories by exercise, it sort of feels wrong to eat all that extra food - I wasn't hungry, I felt good - I just find it hard to understand how eating MORE can help me lose weight. Kind of like Doc Hudson telling Lightning McQueen to 'turn right to go left'???

i know what you mean its hard to get your head around, but you need food in order to lose weight, i don't know all the scientifics of it, i do know however it worked for me, when i started MFP i lost 9lb very fast within the first couple of weeks, but that was i suppose water weight because after that even though i was eating under my calorie goal and exercising te scale was not shifting. It was like that for weeks, so after reading a number of post on here i upped my calorie goal and lo and behold the scale is shifting again.

Good luck x

The reason behind eating your exercise calories is because of the deficit that MFP has already set for you, it has set that for you to lose weight without the exercise so it makes sense to eat them back because your body has worked them off, if the concept of eating your calories back is hard. It may be an idea to set your MFP to maintenance, eat that calorie goal and then do your workout this depends however how much you have to lose and how often you work out.