Please add me

Options
Hi, as l am new on here l would love to meet some friends who are going though what l am going though and that understand how hard it is to lot weight. I have been on a merry-go-round now for the last 6 years and have just now put a stop to that one. I have been watching everything l eat and how much l exercise for the last 5 weeks and still now going strong l have not gave up like in the past l feel so much better within my self. As l am a ex smoker and have not had a smoke in 5 weeks too. So all health l hope is getting on track. So please add me as l would love to have friends. As l don't have many friends because l am always the fat one or the ugly one. So l just stay at home locked away from the world.

Replies

• La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tania2287,

Let me first start by saying my fitness pal is a support group, we all help each other here, so I first want you to lose the I'm always the fat ugly person, okay! Now that you have introduced yourself I garantee you will have a bunch of friend request, starting with me. You are already on the right track. Now you have us all on this journey with you. To support you, joke with you and fight hard with you. You are in the right place!!!! Just look at some of the profiles of your soon to be friends we have come from similar struggles but we are all here to get better. Just promise to stick with it, okay?
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that. It has made me smile just reading it. I have been trying for a while to not think of myself as the fat ugly one. But it is still hard to look in the mirror or walk past a window shop and to see yourself in the window.

So yes l am going to work very hard with myself and to stay on track 100%.

I just am loving this site. :wink:
  • tania2287
    Options
    you know that this is the only photo of have of myself. Do not have any photos of myself at all.
  • vaavale
    vaavale Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Tania, I to am new here too, (but not to diets) Looks like we are both in the rght place.Just wanted to say congrats on the giving up smoking, I am 10 months smoke free now, best thing I ever did.:happy: I am going out to meet the footpath today in my new pair of walkng shoes. It's been a long time ,wish me luck lol
  • healthylife_tx
    Options
    I've never smoked, but I've been overweight since our first daughter was born almost 12 years ago. I've done lots of different programs many times & have always quit due to my underlying food addiction. I finally decided I NEED to change & joined the gym again, but paid for training sessions this time! I have a LONG way to go, but I'm doing better and getting the help I need now to improve my exercise and nutrition. I'm 36-1/2 years old & know it'll take at least a year for me to lose all my extra weight & maybe more time than that, but I'm finally going to do it!

Feel free to add me as a friend here if you want. I'm going to college full-time now, so I don't always get on here other than tracking my food, but I do try to stop in for other things every couple days.
  • tania2287
    Options
    Hi Tania, I to am new here too, (but not to diets) Looks like we are both in the rght place.Just wanted to say congrats on the giving up smoking, I am 10 months smoke free now, best thing I ever did. I am going out to meet the footpath today in my new pair of walkng shoes. It's been a long time ,wish me luck lol

Good Luck..And just a little bit a day does help. You just have to move l say