From BFL, great egg recipe!

Options
jessneill
jessneill Posts: 380 Member
I tried this for brunch on Sunday and it was great! Even my boyfriend loved it, said it reminded him of an egg pizza :smile: I'm not sure what the nutritional breakdown is, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.
My good friend Steve from Austin, Texas started me on the hot and spicy "Texas Taco" about a week before I joined BFL. I did not want to part with the hot stuff, but had to give up the Cheddar... so I created this happy alternative. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk, beaten, mixed with
a splash of skim milk or water and a
dash of McCormick "Santa Fe" Spice Blend

2 Tbsp diced red and/or green bell peppers
1/4 cup, scant sliced scallions
1/4 cup diced lean ham
1/4 cup sliced baby mushrooms, white or Portabella
2-3 grape tomatoes, halved
cilantro, fresh or dried, to taste
2 Tbsp Fat Free "Tomato’n Basil" Feta Cheese
Hot Salsa for topping

Olive oil in a mist bottle sprayer
or
cooking spray in a can (though not as economical and definitely not as tasty!)

You can make this delicacy stove-top. We love it baked on "low-broil" for about 8-10 minutes or until light and fluffy.

Heat an omelette pan thoroughly and mist with olive oil. Add ham, and all the veggies except scallions and grape tomato halves. Stir-fry for a minute, or until slightly softened. Transfer to a small bowl. Reheat and re-mist with olive oil, if necessary. Add egg mixture, stirring gently, until semi-solid. Spread the veggie mix on top, decorating with the grape tomato halves and feta cheese. Place into the oven on "low-broil" for a few minutes, topping it with scallions just before it is done. Serve hot, topped with cilantro and salsa.... or you can take it "on the go", in a whole wheat wrap or stuffed into a multi-grain pita half.

Replies

• jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I tried this for brunch on Sunday and it was great! Even my boyfriend loved it, said it reminded him of an egg pizza :smile: I'm not sure what the nutritional breakdown is, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.
    My good friend Steve from Austin, Texas started me on the hot and spicy "Texas Taco" about a week before I joined BFL. I did not want to part with the hot stuff, but had to give up the Cheddar... so I created this happy alternative. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk, beaten, mixed with
    a splash of skim milk or water and a
    dash of McCormick "Santa Fe" Spice Blend

2 Tbsp diced red and/or green bell peppers
    1/4 cup, scant sliced scallions
    1/4 cup diced lean ham
    1/4 cup sliced baby mushrooms, white or Portabella
    2-3 grape tomatoes, halved
    cilantro, fresh or dried, to taste
    2 Tbsp Fat Free "Tomato’n Basil" Feta Cheese
    Hot Salsa for topping

Olive oil in a mist bottle sprayer
    or
    cooking spray in a can (though not as economical and definitely not as tasty!)

You can make this delicacy stove-top. We love it baked on "low-broil" for about 8-10 minutes or until light and fluffy.

Heat an omelette pan thoroughly and mist with olive oil. Add ham, and all the veggies except scallions and grape tomato halves. Stir-fry for a minute, or until slightly softened. Transfer to a small bowl. Reheat and re-mist with olive oil, if necessary. Add egg mixture, stirring gently, until semi-solid. Spread the veggie mix on top, decorating with the grape tomato halves and feta cheese. Place into the oven on "low-broil" for a few minutes, topping it with scallions just before it is done. Serve hot, topped with cilantro and salsa.... or you can take it "on the go", in a whole wheat wrap or stuffed into a multi-grain pita half.