Workout DVDs

Options

Replies

• Hoswife
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T. LOVE this one or any of his. F U N!
  • tmlittl
    tmlittl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone and I just love the videos. At first I thought they would be a pie pf cake but boy was I wrong! It really does give you a great workout and my personal favorite is 5 really big miles. You don't have to do all 5 miles you can pick and choose but if you do all 5 it is an awesome workout or you can do a combination of any sort.
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've always thought the same thing myself but now I have a small collection of DVD's myself. I love all the DVD's with Bob Harper in them. I've been doing a mix of them since the beginning of the year.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    DVDs are my main source for workouts, I'm not a gym person. I like Jillian Michaels' DVDs and Turbo Jam.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love all of the Leslie Sansone walk Dvd's and the 10 Minute Total Solutions DVD's! Then you can either do them in 10 minute segments or all together and you can even create your own workout too!
  • Dbackj
    Dbackj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Samson's Dvds....and also Denise Austin bootcamp. I just bought my first biggest loser video to try.
  • hamptons903
    Options
    I know you have tons of replies, but I HAVE to tell you that my favorite "soulmate" workout is TurboJam with Chalene Johnson. I am NOT a dancer, but I love it. Jillian is just too much attitude for me- Chalene is much nicer! ;0) I don't even feel like I'm working out. It is the first time in my life that I've actually looked forward to exercising! Try finding it on ebay!
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love all the Biggest Loser DVD's. They get your heart rate up and keep it there. When working on your arms, you forget about your legs burning as you're in a squat position at the same time. There's lots of variety and they are real people working out with you, sweating and dying too. Def my Fav!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I use Chris Freytag's 10 lb Slimdown Xtreme. There are 11 different workouts and 2 short bonus workouts. Chris provides a 28 day workout plan and everyday is different. She is totally awesome and is the only one who has been able to keep me from getting bored with the workouts. I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Chris's style or her workouts.

I agree, Chris is a great instructor.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions...I am just getting into dvds myself!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love the variety on Netflix, instant streaming. If you have netflix already, put several in your Instant Queue and try them out. Most recently I put several yoga and cardio dance routines into my queue.

Good luck!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    So, about a month ago I invested in a workout DVD (I say invested but it was only $7).
    The more I use it though, the more that I really like it! I never pegged myself to be the type to watch a fitness DVD over and over.
    I actually bought two more DVDs today, and I am beyond excited to use one of them tonight! I plan on buying more in the future as well.

So, my question is, do you like fitness/workout DVDs, and if so what are your favorite brand/type?
    The first one I bought was called "crunch" and it had three types of dance: salsa, hip-hop, and retro dance party. The two new ones I got were a Dallas cowboys cheerleader one, and another "crunch" but this one is specifically salsa.

So, lemme know what you reccomend :happy:

I'm heading on my way to own 300 workouts. My number one workout is Tae Bo.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I Love using the workout dvds, i actually found some on sale for about 4 bucks and they're the gold gyms ones. I think they are great!! A little repetitive through out the series but none the less a great 30 minute workout!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Turbo Fire and do those daily, but I also check out what's on Netflix instant watch every month!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    www.collagevideo.com has a ton of great ones you can pick and choose through, view first and check the reviews to see if they suit your workout needs/style at the moment. I get lots of mine off there, usually a bunch at once when they come out new so less shipping charged. Have fun, I love my DVDS!

Thank you so much for the tip! This is so helpful.
  • moopachoo
    moopachoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So addicted to anything Chalene Johnson. She's so enthusiastic and genuine that you can't help but being enthusiastic along with her! I'm going to try Turbo Fire and ChaLean in the next couple of weeks, right now Turbo Jam is what I do religiously :D
  • tmlittl
    tmlittl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to try Leslie Sansone she has a workout on youtube and you can either do both of the videos together which is 2 miles or you can just do one and it is a mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
  • madgab33
    madgab33 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am addicted to buying workout dvd's! I like having a variety as I get bored easily with working out. I try not to spend too much on them, that way if they suck, it's not that big of a deal. Currently, I love Jackie Warner's workouts! I just bought the Supreme 90 day workout today! Excited to try that!!
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i have been doing workout dvds for 10 yrs since i was 17 and i love denise austin, i have a ton of dvds but right now i have been doing
    30 day shred jillian michaels

biggest loser dvd

core secrets ab attack

d austin pilates
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I Like the Max T3 workout, Its only 14 minutes. Its based off the max interval training method used by insanity. Im just not sure how to log it in the exercise section.

I have used this DVD as well. Break a sweat every time. Feel it the next day too.