Carb Addict

Lyn_Matthews
Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I am addicted to carbs! Not that it's been a problem for my weight loss thus far but I'm wondering if I go Low Carb for a while if I can kick these last few pounds. However I have NO idea what SMART changes to make in order for this to work. I was hoping you wonderful people could give me some suggestions on how you make your Low Carb diets work.
Thanks

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    I am addicted to carbs! Not that it's been a problem for my weight loss thus far but I'm wondering if I go Low Carb for a while if I can kick these last few pounds. However I have NO idea what SMART changes to make in order for this to work. I was hoping you wonderful people could give me some suggestions on how you make your Low Carb diets work.
    Thanks
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I'm totally addicted to carbs too! Ugh! They are the bane of my existance!!! :angry: :mad: :explode:

When I need to pare down my carbs I tend to have yogurt for breakfast, a mini babybel light cheese round, turkey slices for lunch, veggies and ranch dip for another snack and then some sort of meat (chicken tenders or turkey patties) for dinner, with green beans and a HUGE salad!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Maybe in your shoes, I would switch simple carbs for complex carbs = white flour to whole wheat flour, white rice to brown/wild rice. Kick out the chips, fries, pastries, etc. Add fiber rich fruit and veggies and that may help those last few lbs go bye-bye for good! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Maybe in your shoes, I would switch simple carbs for complex carbs = white flour to whole wheat flour, white rice to brown/wild rice. Kick out the chips, fries, pastries, etc. Add fiber rich fruit and veggies and that may help those last few lbs go bye-bye for good! Good luck :flowerforyou:

I have made these changes already, the white to brown ones that is. I am kind of a slacker when it comes to fruits and veggies, I just don't quite get enough. I really do try though. I rarely eat chips, fries, or pastries. It's cereal, bread, pizza, tortillas...these kinds of things that I'm addicted to.

Is it okay that I eat these things?? Pizza is always a thin crust style and only once a week. The cereal I eat is Kashi stuff and I have wheat bread and wheat tortillas. Maybe I just need more protein? I rarely go over my carbs according to the system. I do occassionally go over my protein. Maybe I'm doing what I'm suppose to and my body is just protesting :laugh:
  • djshade4
    djshade4 Posts: 24
    I've cut out refined flour (and sugar) all together...I can't believe the difference! I was a serious carbaholic! Now I never crave breads or pastas! Homemade dinner rolls on the Easter table yesterday and I didn't even think twice about them! It has been six weeks and I've lost 8 lbs (I only found this site about 2 weeks ago). I have to admit the first week was the hardest, but after that it has been smooth sailing!:)

Instead of wheat tortillas I eat corn tortillas, Post Shredded Wheat for breakfast, & I use an organic bread (sprouted oat) when I want a sandwich. Pizza on special occasions.

I always have 40-60 carbs left over at the end of each nite.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member

I have made these changes already, the white to brown ones that is. I am kind of a slacker when it comes to fruits and veggies, I just don't quite get enough. I really do try though. I rarely eat chips, fries, or pastries. It's cereal, bread, pizza, tortillas...these kinds of things that I'm addicted to.

Is it okay that I eat these things?? Pizza is always a thin crust style and only once a week. The cereal I eat is Kashi stuff and I have wheat bread and wheat tortillas. Maybe I just need more protein? I rarely go over my carbs according to the system. I do occassionally go over my protein. Maybe I'm doing what I'm suppose to and my body is just protesting :laugh:

Sounds like you're doing everything right!! Maybe switch a couple of tortillas for lettuce and use it to wrap up the sandwich/taco/whatever. Maybe, since you only have a couple of lbs left, your body is at it's happy weight and wants to stay there. May be time to switch your focus to toning and strengthening instead of strictly losing. Some people, when they get this close to their goal start to switch to maintenance and work on the toning and the rest just comes off. Good luck!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I bet upping the protein would help you. I'm doing p90x and in the second phase, I'm on 40% proteins and carbs, 20% fat. Go into home, goals, custom and just change your %. MFP has pretty low protein percentage.

Things I've done to cut some carbs are to use low carb tortillas for wrap, sandwiches on 1 piece of bread. I snack on veggies and protein bars and cheese. I've even cut down on fruit - 1-2 pieces a day for a treat.
This discussion has been closed.