Need a little motivation!

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been signed up for this since last year and it's helped me lose my first 15 lbs. Well I've been busy at work and distracted lately where I haven't been following up and not even counting my calories. I've gained back about 7lbs (insert sad music here)

I've been traveling for my job and just ended my relationship with my boyfriend. Now I don't want this to be a "cry cry cry why me" story because it definitely isn't. It wasn't a dramatic breakup or anything along those lines, our careers went in different directions and we grew apart but we still talk and are great friends.

The problem is that I realized today, that my bf was the main reason I was working out since we have been located in different states for our careers. Counting the days til I got to see him gave me a push to lose more weight until I saw him again.

So now that I'm back home I'm trying to find that motivation again, not only to workout but to eat healthy. I was hoping for a few words of encouragement because I've been in bit of a slump lately.

Replies

• RunLillian
    RunLillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've been signed up for this since last year and it's helped me lose my first 15 lbs. Well I've been busy at work and distracted lately where I haven't been following up and not even counting my calories. I've gained back about 7lbs (insert sad music here)

I've been traveling for my job and just ended my relationship with my boyfriend. Now I don't want this to be a "cry cry cry why me" story because it definitely isn't. It wasn't a dramatic breakup or anything along those lines, our careers went in different directions and we grew apart but we still talk and are great friends.

The problem is that I realized today, that my bf was the main reason I was working out since we have been located in different states for our careers. Counting the days til I got to see him gave me a push to lose more weight until I saw him again.

So now that I'm back home I'm trying to find that motivation again, not only to workout but to eat healthy. I was hoping for a few words of encouragement because I've been in bit of a slump lately.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    do it for yourself, not for anyone else. Do it because YOU want to feel better and live longer.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

That 7Ibs should be motivation enough !?! :happy:
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Pick whatever you like for motivation no matter how vain or insignificant you think it might be. There are people that want to lose weight for many reasons. Some do it for health, some do it for clothing or shopping or to be attractive to the opposite sex. Pick whatever is going to get you off the couch to focus on. However, I agree with the other poster who said that it has to be about you for the long haul. So pick whatever you need to get started and start looking for a way to make it about you so that you maintain the habit and the weight loss. Good luck!!:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Do it for that woman inside you who knows she CAN! Once you let her soar, some wonderful man will come along and recognize how amazing she is.