Toom much, Too little, Never just right...

Options
Hey all,
So something that I've noticed has been an issue for a long while now is that when it comes to eating it's a lot more difficult for me to stay in a healthy, losing amount of calories than have way to few or vice versa. For example, it's pretty easy for me to eat 500-800 calories in a day and also its really easy for me to have over 3000 calories in a day. I don't eat 500 calories a day, nor is that my goal, i'm just pointing out that on rare occasions that I do have a very small intake I don't feel like I'm hungry. Regularly when I try to eat 1200-1500 calories its really difficult not to binge. I guess I'm just wondering if any one else finds eating too without binging little is easier than eating normally, and why that is.

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food properly or just "eyeballing" it? You may be underestimating the amount of food you are eating and therefore getting more calories than you think?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I don't think I read your post properly. Have you tried pre-planning and tracking in advance? You may be able to better structure your day that way and than get the right mix. It may be what you are eating that causes you to binge some days. I know I will if I am really under the day before or if I go too long without eating... or if I don't eat enough protein and fibre.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I DO THE SAME THING. I think it is because it is okay to eat a ton of "healthy" low calorie foods and still have a low weight. but when you want to eat more it is always a binge that is a large meal way over. Personally, I have a hard time eating 1200 calories today because I eat a ton of protein! I'm so full all the time and I am never hungry. I am always on the move so I am constantly eating (I eat my lunch in three different increments) PLUS I can't eat much before I work out so I get sick.

I suggest trying to eat more calorie dense foods throughout the day. Healthy fats like nuts and that will help your normal calorie level to be higher which will hopefully help with the binges you experience.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    OH and I also get up kind of late, around 9:30am which makes it harder to get enough calories.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    this happens to me alllll the time