Chicken Breast Dinner Advice Needed

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Preheat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until just barely smoking. Preheat your oven to 350.

Dry two chicken breats. Yes. DRY. Not wet. DRY THEM

Stick them pretty side down into the skillet. Do not move them.

On the side, combine 1/4 cu finely chopped cilantro with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon honey, and the juice of 1 lime.

Flip your chicken. It should be GOLDEN brown and crispy on the bottom.

Add a touch of salt & pepper to your cilantro mix, as well as the zest from that lime.

Slide your chicken into an oven safe baking dish and pour the cilantro lime sauce on top.

Bake 15 minutes at 350. Remove the dish and tilt to one side, spoon hot sauce over the top of chicken.

Return the chicken to the oven.

MEANWHILE :

Sautee onions, peppepers, galic, celery in the leftover olive oil from the chicken.

Add to precooked quinoa, along with the zest & juice of another lime.

Add hotsauce to EVERYTHING.

Eat and enjoy, while moaning : this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Slide your chicken into an oven proof
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas later!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Preheat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until just barely smoking. Preheat your oven to 350.

Dry two chicken breats. Yes. DRY. Not wet. DRY THEM

Stick them pretty side down into the skillet. Do not move them.

On the side, combine 1/4 cu finely chopped cilantro with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon honey, and the juice of 1 lime.

Flip your chicken. It should be GOLDEN brown and crispy on the bottom.

Add a touch of salt & pepper to your cilantro mix, as well as the zest from that lime.

Slide your chicken into an oven safe baking dish and pour the cilantro lime sauce on top.

Bake 15 minutes at 350. Remove the dish and tilt to one side, spoon hot sauce over the top of chicken.

Return the chicken to the oven.

MEANWHILE :

Sautee onions, peppepers, galic, celery in the leftover olive oil from the chicken.

Add to precooked Quinoa, along with the zest & juice of another lime.

Add hotsauce to EVERYTHING.

Eat and enjoy, while moaning : this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Slide your chicken into an oven proof
    Well if Quinoa is involved it's gotta be fabulous! Thanks for sharing your recipe:flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The Dilly Beloved recipe from the LooneySpoons gals. Super tasty!

Baked Up Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Chatelaine.com. If you don't have buttermilk, use regular milk, it works just fine.

Chicken breast with lemon juice, olive oil, crumbled feta, and chili flakes, in a casserole dish and baked in the oven - simple but yummy!
    http://www.chatelaine.com/en/content/35349--dinner-tonight-chicken-enchiladas
    Here's another great one from the same site as above. :flowerforyou:
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like them grilled or sauteed in EVOO. I don't use seasonings. I think they taste good plain lol.
  • getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple, quick and easy.
    Cut boneless chicken breast into thin slices. I use 4 oz. (about halve of 1 chicken breast fillet)
    Brown chicken in non-stick skillet
    add multiple vegetables...
    1 carrot - cut into 1 inch pieces
    4 oz cauliflower
    4 oz green vegetable (green beans, broccoli, asparagus , etc)
    1 medium summer (yellow) squash
    2 oz sliced mushrooms
    Turn heat down to mid-High, add a couple of tablespoons of cooking wine. (optional )
    Season with ground black pepper, paprika, and parsley flakes.
    Let cook 5-10 minutes depending on how you like your vegetables.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! There's a shrimp dish I make that I love that I think I will adapt to chicken breast.~

Spicy Chicken with walnuts and spinach.

Cook chunked chicken breast and thin wedges of onion with garlic until almost done. In separate pan, toast walnuts. To chicken add spinach, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes to taste. When spinach is melted, add toasted walnuts to pan. Serve by itself, or with pasta, rice, quinoa, etc.