Calorie Burn getting higher?

Options
Hi there, I'm guessing I have this backwards. I thought as you got in better shape, your body became more efficient and then you didn't burn as many calories. But according to my HRM, it seems that my calorie burn has really gone up in the last week for the same length of exercise. I'm guess that I'm actually working harder because I'm in better shape, so anyway - this is normal right? Burning more calories as I get into better shape - or has my HRM gone nuts?

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you do the EXACT same exercise it should go down, but as you get fitter you are most likely working a little harder and burning more.

Make sure you are updating your weight in the HRM aswell as if it thinks you are heavier than you are it will show you burning more cals.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think I'm moving more and have bigger movements now. I'm sure that the calories will start going down soon. I'm trying really hard to not be too repetitive with my exercising. I have a stair stepper which is what I started with and I do Wii More Active. I change up every month. Next week, I finish the 30 day challenge and I move onto C25K, but need to figure out how to keep weight work in the mix.

Thanks!!