Floating poop leads to weight loss

Options

Replies

• realsolarina
    Options
    Floating poop is one of the biggest early warning signs of pancreatic cancer. It is also a sign of gallbladder disease. I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago and my inability to properly digest all of the fat I consume did not help me lose even an ounce of weight. To make much of a difference it's gonna have to be drastic, like taking Alli or something. Then you have to worry about pooping yourself and anal leakage. Ewwww.

Anal leakage ... can there be a more revolting concept?! Jeez
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Interesting to say the least, will never look at my poop the same. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    100 in the calcium means 100% of the RDA which is currently 1000mg. So for 1200mg you would aim for 120 if you track calcium on MFP.

A glass of milk or 1/2 cup of a good greek yogurt will give you around 300mg or 30%.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just set my macros to show calcium and MFP only sets it at 100.

I guess I should change it to 1200.

I looked at calcium yesterday as I'm supposed to eat a high calcium diet (my mum has severe osteoperosis and my dad osteoarthritis). According to MFP there was 0 calcium in the skimmed milk that I had and 0 calcium in the natural yogurt that I had!

My advice would be to chck the labels rather than rely on what someone else has put on MFP - if it is wrong re-enter it right! I've been tracking calcium for a while and when I first started I notice that alot of people don't complete the bottom part so the calcium, iron, vit A etc are never there!
  • 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Surely the best thing to do is moderate your fat intake and convert to healthy fats? Fat is important in a balanced diet.

This sounds like 'get some calcium, eat a shedload of McDonalds, but don't worry because you'll poop it out'.

Either way I hope this doesn't turn into some type of diet book... Here's mine:

1) Eat a balanced diet with a calorie deficit.
    2) Exercise (cardio and weights).
    3) Monitor bodyfat % and not just weight.
    4) When at target body fat move to maintenance and continue 2).

How can we have 10,000 books when the principles are so simple?

This is correct but also its not harmful to do so and taking in more calcium whilst training can have great other benefits such as increasing the strength of bones, especially in young adolesecent women and younger women. This helps build bone density in their younger years whilst at the same time aiding them to perhaps lose weight.

Dairy can be low fat or fat free and rich in calcium and is a great source of it. And is an easy thing to add to most people's diets. For example, low/zero fat cottage cheese, low fat cream cheese, skimmed milk, low fat/fat free yoghurt... etc etc.

There is nothing wrong with what you've said too, but why NOT add in calcium...it certainly will be beneficial to becoming stronger physically and as a body!!!

Totally agree :). When talking about a balanced diet it's very important to get the right vitamin and mineral levels in! When in a calorie defect I make sure I take a multi-vitamin too :).
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh but I just downloaded an app to track this today. I have basically IBS for 12 years because nobody has bothered to figure it out.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Pointless study. So Dr. Oz says that we should eat more calcium so that it binds to the dietary fat we eat and gets eliminated in our poop, and it's a good thing? If calcium and dietary fat that we eat both get eliminated in our poop, that means we aren't getting the health benefits of either. Dietary fat and adipose body fat are two different things. If you're trying to lose fat, you want to burn body fat, not just poop out the fat you eat, as dietary fatty acids are needed by the body to function properly, and adipose tissue is not made of fatty acids (only very small amounts.). In other words, the body can't use your fat stores in place of dietary fat.

Once again, Dr. Oz proves he has no clue.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    lol believe it or not I already knew that....not about the calcium but about the floating poop. Guess i need some more calcium!
  • MelJack68
    Options
    Great topic and fun to read all of the replies! Thanks for posting!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I GOT A FLOATER!!!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    So interesting that I saw this today. I was just going to ask about adding calcium to my diet. I have to find the info on this!!!
    Thanks for posting the poo topic lol...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I like this advice, I think I get enough calcium though already, I am a dairy freak.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Further proof that Dr. Oz is indeed full of *kitten*.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had noticed mine floating lately! - Healthy poop! Woohoo! :D
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :huh: :indifferent:
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WOW Why all the hate on Dr. Oz?

I will be adding dairy to my workouts for the calcium and for the fat binding properties.
  • denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    WOW Why all the hate on Dr. Oz?

I will be adding dairy to my workouts for the calcium and for the fat binding properties.

Because his advice is often bogus and causes people to spend money on useless supplements and complicate their diet.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    What if it goes 'clink?'

Too much iron?
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    What if it goes 'clink?'

Too much iron?

love it!