Peanut butter FACE OFF!

Options
Ok so i come across this website in search of PB2 Peanut butter powder for the UK ( having no luck AT ALL )

Another item mentioned was Peanut Butter flour!

Now the question is has anyone tried Baker Josef Peanut Flour? I was thinking of purchasing the peanut flour instead of PB2 Peanut butter powder since its cheaper.

IMG_1066640x480.jpg

IMG_1074640x480.jpg

This is the website i was reading the review from. Get alot for your money with Peanut flour & from the looks of things more protein!

http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/09/powdered-peanut-butter-a-review-taste-test.html

^^^ Check it out & let me know who's tried what & what your opinions are ^^^

The labels seem misleading at first, because they call for different serving sizes (PB2 – 2 tbsp, TJ’s – 1/4 cup). But if you cut the TJ’s serving size in half, you see that it’s a pretty clear win. Two tablespoons of PB2 has 45 calories, 1.5g fat, and 5g protein. The TJ’s peanut flour has 55 calories, 2g fat, and 8g protein. Even though the peanut flour has ten more calories than PB2, I think the three extra grams of protein give it the nutritional edge.

Replies

• 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Damn just tried to order some on their Amazon store, and they don't delvier to the UK :-(
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    I've never even heard of peanut butter flour! That seems like a very good investment :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Awsome. I have to go to Trader Joe.
    I want to try some washabi roasted seaweed snack from them also.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have really been wanting to try these products so I have been looking for a source in Canada. My only concern is that the healthy fat in the PB is being removed. I am not an expert on nutrition but I wonder if that is a real disadvantage to these substitutes. The last time I lost a huge amount of weight, I also lost a lot of hair even though I was eating 1500 + cals a day. I am trying to avoid it this time by eating more healthy fats. Does anyone have more info on peanut fats and these products?
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    How about taste??
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's discontinued theirs awhile back, but I bought another brand on iherb.com It tastes the same and is much much cheaper than PB2. Let me know if you want a discount code ($5 off, pm me) that I can give out since I've bought from them before.

Protein Plus <$9 for 2 lbs (32 ounces) VERSUS PB2 approx $5 for 6.5 ounces.

http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Plus-Roasted-All-Natural-Peanut-Flour-16-oz-453-g/36230?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Plus-Roasted-All-Natural-Peanut-Flour-32-oz-907-g/36231?at=0
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have really been wanting to try these products so I have been looking for a source in Canada. My only concern is that the healthy fat in the PB is being removed. I am not an expert on nutrition but I wonder if that is a real disadvantage to these substitutes. The last time I lost a huge amount of weight, I also lost a lot of hair even though I was eating 1500 + cals a day. I am trying to avoid it this time by eating more healthy fats. Does anyone have more info on peanut fats and these products?

They don't remove all the fat, there is still 4 g a serving (but their serving is big, I usually use half a "serving" which is 2 T, so just 2 g fat per my serving). Also, I still eat regular peanut butter (all natural, fresh ground) on fruit and rice cakes and whatnot, I just limit my servings of regular. I use the peanut flour in smoothies (soooo good! Peanut butter/banana/strawberry smoothie with chocolate protein powder? Yum!), baked goods like muffins and low fat cookies, etc.

Personally I think that mixing it up with water and using it as a peanut butter replacement isn't very good, but that's just my taste.