New in North Carolina

Options
Hi:

I am new. I need to lose 75 pounds. This seems like such a huge task! I am breaking it down in five pound increments. That is the only way I can deal with it!

I will be 54 years old next month. I have a chronic illness that has put me in the hospital 64 times since 1997 but I am doing great now. I feel like I have to try and fix some of the damage now and weight loss is the biggest thing I need to do.

I could use the support and am willing to offer support to all.

My e-mail is kgfortenberry@bellsouth.net

Replies

• Kaye531
    Kaye531 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi:

I am new. I need to lose 75 pounds. This seems like such a huge task! I am breaking it down in five pound increments. That is the only way I can deal with it!

I will be 54 years old next month. I have a chronic illness that has put me in the hospital 64 times since 1997 but I am doing great now. I feel like I have to try and fix some of the damage now and weight loss is the biggest thing I need to do.

I could use the support and am willing to offer support to all.

My e-mail is kgfortenberry@bellsouth.net
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Well hello there Ms. NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes to you:flowerforyou:

I am proof that this site has been incredibly beneficial to me. Since I started my new lifestyle journey in November it has changed my life. Check out the 50+ Women group thread on here as well as the other threads on here. Best of luck to you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, Kaye,

This is a great place to find support and new information to help you on your journey.:bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time and take baby steps.

Find a group of supportive friends---check out 50+ women on the Motivation and Support board----they have helped me a lot

good luck :bigsmile: