MOTIVATIONAL FRIENDS!

Options
I don't care where you live or what pants size you are: I need/want friends to follow! We have to help each other through this because success is in numbers. :) I have used this app for about a year now but never went around to making a profile for it... well, here I am so let's do this!!!

Replies

• ChristinaGre
    Options
    Good Morning, I have only been using the program for a week... and I would love a motivational friend to help me keep moving towards my goals. My husband is doing the program as well, but it just is not the same <grin>. My biggest struggle is fitting in exercise everyday. I work in an office setting where I sit in front of the computer for about 9 hours a day (like now). One of the things I am trying to do is to make a trek to the roof and back (six double floors up) at least twice a day. That gets me away from my desk, and gets me moving. What do you do to keep you moving?
  • HannahRichie
    Options
    I agree! Need some major motivation, just booked myself in for a load of excercise classes at the gym and now getting back into this app! Is it your first proper day of starting the new diet today? x
  • forrestal6465
    Options
    lol yes.... most days I cheat on my diet mid-afternoon or early evening but I PROMISED myself not today. my diary is now public so I can't hide all the non-diet foods I gorge myself on haha... I figured if more people are looking at my diet/exercise progresses and failures, the better I will do!! :) I have to stay true to myself if I want to do well on this diet.
  • forrestal6465
    Options
    hi christina! hmmm I worked in an office a few summers ago and I definitely know how hard it is to do well in that setting: sitting at the desk, old ladies with candy jars, snack machines, lunch sitting down etc...WHAT A DRAG! To motivate myself I would take a light walk during my lunch break around the building, pack many healthy fruits to snack on (fights off the desk boredom!), kept sunflower seeds in my desk and tried my best to steer clear of the secretary sweet jars!

When I first lost 50 pounds I would do a morning run and a weight session in the evenings. Now I have been trying my hand at yoga and getting really into it. It's so awakening in the early morning and calming at night before bed. I have been looking up harder poses and strength building exercises I can do at home because with my class schedule it's hard for me to get my lazy behind into the gym!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been on this site since June! I have approx. 40lbs to go to reach my ultimate weight. I LOVE to talk about health and fitness and what is working for me!!
    I hope you find all of the motivation and support you need to reach your goals...
    Good Luck,
    Kim
  • ChristinaGre
    Options
    YES! Those candy jars sitting on the desks are the worst. My cube buddies and I are doing an office version of Biggest Loser, to that end we have a huge fruit bowl instead of candy jars... it seems to me very helpful to all of us!

And I have found that if I get up several times a day and walk (even for just five minutes) not only do I feel better, but I am a better more productive employee. So exercise is good for the body and good for employer... That is my story and I am going to fly with it!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    We all need friends to help motivate us! I'm always accepting new friends! LOL.

Some days will be harder than others, but having someone give you a little push or congratulate you when you push yourself really is great.