Does anyone have a good recipe for a turkey breast filet?

Options
laurajoyk
laurajoyk Posts: 305
I bought a bunch of turkey breast filets and I don't know any good recipes for them. I want to either cook them in a dish or make one seasoned well to eat with rice or something, or just season it to grill and use on a sandwhich. Any good ideas?

Replies

• laurajoyk
    Options
    I bought a bunch of turkey breast filets and I don't know any good recipes for them. I want to either cook them in a dish or make one seasoned well to eat with rice or something, or just season it to grill and use on a sandwhich. Any good ideas?
  • levans
    levans Posts: 15
    Options
    I would say that any recipe that you have for chicken (casserole, tacos, grilled, etc.) can be used for turkey. One of my favorite turkey dishes is from one of my favorite chefs...Rachel Ray :love:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/herb-roasted-turkey-breast-with-pan-gravy-recipe/index.html
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I like turkey cold only for some reason but I roast mine with salt and pepper and a little chicken broth, cover and cook or cook in a crock pot until nice and tender.

I like to eat it by itself or in a salad and my dad makes a really recipe with a simple roast breast and then top it with fresh crushed berries.

Another good one is to grill it on the bbq with just salt and pepper and top it with mango and a little monterey jack cheese.

Turkey is just big chicken, anything you do for any other recipe on earth you can do with turkey. :bigsmile:
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    try going to allrecipes.com just type in turkey breast filet in the ingredients section and it will come up with TONS of recipes for you to make. You can sub fat free cheese or low fat butter in the recipes to make it healthier. I love that website. It even has a healthy eating section where all the recipes are good for you. Good Luck, im sure you will find something good to make.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    try going to allrecipes.com just type in turkey breast filet in the ingredients section and it will come up with TONS of recipes for you to make. You can sub fat free cheese or low fat butter in the recipes to make it healthier. I love that website. It even has a healthy eating section where all the recipes are good for you. Good Luck, im sure you will find something good to make.

I love allreceipes.com!! Great suggestion!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Thank you so much!