Braving the yogurt!

Options
Yep...I finally bought some of this greek yogurt I keep hearing everyone talk about. I'm braving it for breakfast tomorrow. I've always had a texture issue with yogurt, but since I've conquered cottage cheese, I'm hoping w/ some added granola to the yogurt it will be yummy to me.

Anyone add anything else to their yogurt?

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Yep...I finally bought some of this greek yogurt I keep hearing everyone talk about. I'm braving it for breakfast tomorrow. I've always had a texture issue with yogurt, but since I've conquered cottage cheese, I'm hoping w/ some added granola to the yogurt it will be yummy to me.

Anyone add anything else to their yogurt?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder
    sometimes vanilla
    sometimes chocolate
    and also add flax seed
  • levans
    levans Posts: 15
    Options
    fruit - pineapple, berries, peaches, etc.
    cinnamon
    honey

if its flavored yogurt mix it with some cottage cheese...
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    honey
    fruit
    nuts
    chocolate chips
    anything you want?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love it for breakfast with fruit and then I top it with freshly toasted sliced almonds!

The almonds crackle when they hit the cold yogurt, like rice krispies on steroids! :laugh:

mmmmmmmmmm, I know what I am having in the morning :wink:
  • levans
    levans Posts: 15
    Options
    I love it for breakfast with fruit and then I top it with freshly toasted sliced almonds!

The almonds crackle when they hit the cold yogurt, like rice krispies on steroids! :laugh:

mmmmmmmmmm, I know what I am having in the morning :wink:

That sounds so yummy!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I tried the Fage and I still have issues with it. I'm sad.:sad:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i love walnuts with yogurt. and sliced apples to scoop it. raisins are yummy too!

good for you for trying something new!
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to add craisins to my yogurt. But the one thing I always had, especially if I'm just eating it plain, is some kind of sweetener like Splenda or Equal. Greek yogurt is great because it's a lot creamier than regular yogurt, but it does lack the sweetness.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    I think that you will find the texture more appealing than regular yogurt. I liken it to ice cream but not frozen! You will get what I mean when you try it!

I love it plain. Had it twice today. I don't think it needs sweetness. I have added honey. Stevia and cinnamon. I also eat it with walnuts and raisins if I am craving sweet. It is amazingly satisfying!

Some people use cucumber and mint and make the traditional greek cucumber salad.

Let us know how you like it! It's a love affair with me.......:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • melodydawn
    melodydawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like a little granola and fresh berries in mine.

It is also good with some dill and garlic to spread over steamed carrots and zucchini or as a dip.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The fage is not to be sullied with anyything but honey.
    :laugh:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Yeah!!! I'm so proud of myself. I did the yogurt thing and it wasn't too bad! I think I'll be able to not loathe it anymore and eat it once in a while...conquering cottage cheese and yogurt....NEXT STOP THE WORLD!!!! (insert evil laugh here) :)
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh yummm, I'm gonna try walnuts in yogurt!
  • lkfulcher
    Options
    The fage is not to be sullied with anyything but honey.
    :laugh:

my thoughts exactly!!! :tongue:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I tried okios today. It bothered my tummy. Fage is the only yogurt that does not trigger my LI.