Sports Bra Question???

Options
So I started 30 Day Shred today and my double-d milk filled (yup, nursing mom) heavy ta-tas were just about to slap me in the face. It hurt. I've never bought a sports bra as I've typically have done things like walking or low-impact aerobics for exercise. What do I need to look for? Also, it needs to be fairly reasonable. I was an English major (aka doomed to eternal poverty) and can't afford to drop a bunch of money on something that I will only wear for a few months (the goal is to loose weight and buy new clothes). Any suggestions?

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Great question!!! I hate doing jumping jacks bc of this!!! hope you get good ideas...
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    I love Freya sports bras - comfortable, easy to get into and lots of fasteners so can tighten as you lose weight. As much as you want to save money a good bra is a must however as you don't want to damage your chest.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm looking for basically the opposite (very light support) but maybe I can find some brands.
  • mszebra
    Options
    I love moving comfort- they sell them at most athletic stores/city sports. You can find them online, too- love them!
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Can you get Shock Absorber bras in the States? I swear by them for large chests! They do a heavy duty 'Run' bra which ensures they stay exactly where you want them x
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love Freya sports bras - comfortable, easy to get into and lots of fasteners so can tighten as you lose weight. As much as you want to save money a good bra is a must however as you don't want to damage your chest.

I'll look into that one. If it is adjustable and I can get more wear out of it then I don't mind spending a bit more. Afterall, I don't want to loose weight and then have the ladies dangling below my waistline. Not attractive at all.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Shock absorrber all the way!!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    check out TJ Maxx or Marshalls. they usually have a whole clearance rack of name brand sports bras for fairly reasonable prices.
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am also a DD and I have to wear 2 bras - my regular bra and then a sports bra. I have come to LOVE the Under Armour sport bras. They can be a little pricey, but I was able to find one on clearance for about $17. they have the double criss cross back so I feel that they support me really well. Good luck!
  • skaery7
    skaery7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Moving Comfort. They have different levels of support, so go for the best coverage for jogging.
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    several clasps and adjustable straps - just like a big normal bra. I'm rather large chested and swear by this bra.
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Freya is a European Brand- not sure where you are located.
    If you're in the US, try the website for Sierra Trading Post and look for Moving Comfort Brand sports bra's They make several models that are adjustable and provide great support. I am suggesting Sierra Trading post because you mentioned that cost is a concern.
    Good luck with your bra-quest!
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The jumping max are the worst without a good sportsbra. I have an ENELL bra, see it on oprah years ago and so far its been the best for my dd's . Don't remember the price though. However Im going to look up that Shock Absorber bra....previously posted.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just got some Enell's....Very happy with them (also a D)! They are a little pricey but worth it. They don't give you that uniboob look either!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't have a preferred brand - there are quite a few different ones that I use. But, I do couple them with a regular bra to help hold everything in place.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i just got two new berlei ones (this is in Australia so not sure how helpful this will be)
    they have just done a lot of research with the Australian institute of sport so they are amazing!!!! hope this helps =D
  • tkdbutterfly
    Options
    I love this question!

I have a strange quest to make sure that all women will big tatas feel supported and comfortable when they do jumping jacks!

When I started running I was a D cup and it used to SUCK then I found title9sports.com and they have amazing amazing options. My favourite is the "Last Resort" bra. Moving Comfort has great options too- the Athena bra is awesome and has back closure so you're not pulling soggy nastiness over your head.

I love title 9 but they tend to be expensive so usually what I'll do is find a bra I like with them and then after I've worn it out, I'll find the same one the next time but cheaper online. Don't skimp here though. I will buy all my workout stuff at Walmart but my bras and my running shoes are top of the line. It's worth it and will change your whole workout.

Also- while I'm on my bra soapbox- don't ever let your sports bras celebrate a birthday! You should replace them every 8-12 months if you were them regularly.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm also overly "blessed" in that department and I wear a regular underwire bra with a slightly-too-small sports bra on top.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    hehe. boobies.
    (yes, I am this immature.)