Best Exercise for my Booty ;)

I was blessed with a badonkadonk ;) of course when I was younger it was my best asset...I have a desk job and well it has expanded over the years. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I've lost weight and itches, but I would really like to do something that focuses on my booty...lake season is just around the corner :) So, any exercises? DVDs? Anything you can suggest? Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Deep heavy squats and deep leg presses.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

Based on what goals you put in, the site will give you a complete routine. It will have both weight training and cardio broken down into each day usually for 12 weeks.
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    I had a feeling squats would be involved. I'll definitely go deeper into the squats during my workouts. Thanks!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186

^This and I like walking lunges as well.

First post, I read body not booty, need more coffee lol bodybuilder.com has it all though.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    If you like Jillian try her Killer Buns and Thighs. It is brutal!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    I had a feeling squats would be involved. I'll definitely go deeper into the squats during my workouts. Thanks!

its the very bottom of the squats that work the glutes.
    obviously dont go beyond what your muscles will comfortably stretch too, but drop ATG everytime...
    just watch that you're not going so low that you start to round your back from being too tight.

if its your first time dropping below parallel, use alot less weight on the bar and work your way back up.
  • Squats!!!!!
  • Matt_Wild

its the very bottom of the squats that work the glutes.
    obviously dont go beyond what your muscles will comfortably stretch too, but drop ATG everytime...
    just watch that you're not going so low that you start to round your back from being too tight.

if its your first time dropping below parallel, use alot less weight on the bar and work your way back up.

Good tip. You could also box squat (so your bum rests on a box) and back up. Start using lower and lower boxes til you can go as low as you like...
  • Matt_Wild

^This and I like walking lunges as well.

First post, I read body not booty, need more coffee lol bodybuilder.com has it all though.

Walking lunges are awesome too. Using dumbbells, or kettlebells or even plates are great and really work the legs and butt really hard.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 628 Member
    All of the above!! Squats, dead lifts, and lunges....

There's also a dvd called Bible Butt that I want to try... One lady has posted her progess from doing it in the success stories...
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    yup, squats. i did squats and DL for the first time in the free weight room on monday, squats on the smith machine, i only did 35 lbs, and my @ss muscles just stopped hurting today :tongue:
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    the brazil butt lift DVDs are really good too!
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Are you trying to shrink it or increase your muscle there? Squats might help lift it but as I understand it you can't target fat loss. So, if anything, I think squats would make it bigger/rounder...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Gold's Gym has a DVD called "Bootcamp My Booty" and I ❤ it!! : ))
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Pilates! Pilates did WONDERS for my derriere. Really lifted and tightened, and it stayed that way, even with some later weight gain.
  • Matt_Wild
    Are you trying to shrink it or increase your muscle there? Squats might help lift it but as I understand it you can't target fat loss. So, if anything, I think squats would make it bigger/rounder...

You can't target fat loss no but you can build up your muscle mass which requires more calories simply to exist and thus a more shapely figure and burning more fat just by living...
  • Misty1480
    Misty1480 Posts: 5 Member
    Butt Bible can be found on youtube.
  • MrDude_1

you're right about the fact you can not target fat loss..
    however, squats will not make it bigger or smaller.. rather, it makes it more shapely.

your butt is nothing more then fat on top of muscle... if the muscle is small, it doesnt have that "high butt shape" everyone likes...
    by working out, even with the same amount of fat over it, it just looks "better" as it stays up and has a more defined shape.... as to the actual size, thats going to be determined by genetics and your current body fat level.....

basically, squats can give you a nicer butt, but if its a small one or a badonkadonk isnt going to change...
  • MrDude_1
    also, dont worry about the "muscle getting too big" under it... as a female, it cant. (without drugs and a ton of work.)
    as a male.. it would take years of hard work to do it.... extremely hard work..
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member

You can't target fat loss no but you can build up your muscle mass which requires more calories simply to exist and thus a more shapely figure and burning more fat just by living...

I'm doing some strength training myself, with exactly that in mind. I haven't been particularly targeting my pudgy thighs or belly though, because I figure any lean muscle in my arms, chest and back will do just as much to help fat loss???