P90x or Insanity??

Options
Ok...I'm trying to decide between P90x or Insanity...
I do CrossFit and overall in really good health. I am just looking for something that I can do on the road since I travel for work. I want it to be challenging and involve intervals, plus can be done in a hotel gym and/or room. Which one do you prefer?

Replies

• happydede1
    happydede1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work with a personal trainer who has done both of these systems. He always recommended the Insanity over the P90x.

Personally, I am not fit enough to make it thru either workouts, so I have not done either. The workouts that I do with my trainer involve a lot of modified movements from the Insanity workouts. Both systems are extremely challenging, but P90x is more upper body strength and the Insanity version involves more plyometric drills from what I understand.

Good luck with whichever system you pick.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got GREAT results with INSANITY!!!! P90X was just so BORING!
  • leaphart
    Options
    i completed p90x early last year & i am a little over 2 weeks from finishing a round of insanity. insanity will be easier to do on the road as their is no equipment. p90x is going to require you to carry a minimum of some workout bands but the program will work better w/actual free weights (i used the powerblocks). i got great results from p90x. it is more on the toning & muscle building side. insanity is by far the better cardio workout and does not concentrate much on upper body toning outside of pushups & planks. insanity has been harder so far for me. i am drained after completing one of the workouts. so far, there hasn't been much weight loss which surprises me. i am in far better cardio shape though. it's possible i'm replacing fat w/muscle. i didn't do the before body measuring but i know pants fit better so that's a plus. i don't think you can go wrong w/either program.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Insanity! and you don't need have to carry anything with you except the dvds.
  • digitalalchemy
    digitalalchemy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you do Crossfit, you will get bored with P90X. Insanity is shorter (40 minutes vs. 60 mintes+) and way more intense. Plus you don't need equipment with Insanity (all body weight) where as P90x you need weights and a pullup bar.
  • Massageu2
    Options
    My question to those how have tried it is, does P90X have music on it or is it just having to listen to Tony Horton breathe heavy for an hour? I have the original P90 tapes and just can not get into them because they are so boring. If P90X is the same way, I would rather spend the money on Insanity.
  • WordSmith19
    WordSmith19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is some music, but it's more for background and a little cheesy. There is an option on the menu to mute the music, so that's what I do, and I play my own music on the stereo. If you are looking for really good cardio, go with Insanity. If you're looking to bulk up or build muscle, go with p90x. JMO.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My question to those how have tried it is, does P90X have music on it or is it just having to listen to Tony Horton breathe heavy for an hour? I have the original P90 tapes and just can not get into them because they are so boring. If P90X is the same way, I would rather spend the money on Insanity.

P90x is the same way. At 1st I found it's boring and don't like Tony little jokes at all.
    But now it sticks to me "Do your best and forget the rest".