Wii Games

Options
2»

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Exerbeat has a lot of variety if you get bored easily can switch between boxercising, karate, aerobics, latin dance, hip hop, pilates. It has some that can be done on balance board if you have one (in latin dance section like meringue lot of hip and tummy shaking).

You earn points to travel around the world and get bonus points for bronze, silver & gold medals and 15 mins, 30 mins 1hr etc which translates to more miles. I got around the world once but hadn't unlocked them all so going around again, it just carries on and second time around my Mii has a little crown on to show its already been around once (rather than having to start from beginning again)

Routines are short to start with then as you go on can unlock like 30 min workouts in each section. I can easily burn just over 500 cals in an hour to get my 500cal deificit a day. (it tells you cals burned, miles travelled and hours/minutes played)
  • smallerfyme
    Options
    I like the EA Sports Active games

Second that. I have Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser, and EA Sports Active, and of the three of them, I like EA Sports the best.

There is a wide variety of activities, and if you chose to do the "30 Day Challenge" the game gives you a unique series of workouts every day (with built in rest days, NOT optional--if I want to work out on a designated rest day I sign in as a different user or just do another program) That is, when I actually get off my *kitten* and use it.

Seriously, though, it is fun and you can work up a sweat if you really get in to it.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use the Just dance games :) Is anyone using these as a workout session? Are you getting any results?? Sophie x
  • mgero212
    Options
    Just Dance 3 and Zumba Fitness 2 are fun and great games to use when you don't want to go to the gym. To burn a lot of calories you need to try hard :)
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Wii Fit Plus! It is a great mix of exercise "games" (and straight-up exercises) with sections for toning, strengthening and balance, as well as aerobics.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Here is what I have and recommend
    Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing - Definitely gives you a good workout. Does not include weight training though

My Fitness Coach - This is works basically like an adaptive exercise DVD. These definitely give a good workout though and you can tell the game if you have a step, weights, or exercise ball and it will include them in the workout. BTW don't get My Fitness Coach 2. It's from a different developer and not as good

EA Active 2 - This is my favorite. You get a lot of feedback and the workouts are rigorous. The only negative I can say is if you don't touch the wii remote or balance board for a few minutes a message will come interrupting your workout saying it has become disconnected.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    at lunch my package arrive, Your Shape for Wii... looks like i will try that tonight!

I am trying ro loose weight and i have looked into the biggest Loser.... i might have to pick that up today!