100+ pounds to lose???

Options
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has 100+ pounds to lose or has lost 100+ pounds.....I am about 6 ft tall and i currently weigh 304. I was at 317, so i have lost 13 pounds. I am doing CrossFit at one gym twice a week and I have a personal trainer at another gym one day a week. So i currently workout 3 days a week, but i plan on adding one or two more days of just strictly cardio. If anyone is looking for friends, feel free to add me. I am looking for people to share ideas with and talk to :)

Hope you all have a blessed day!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Christy aka Fluffy1983

Replies

• momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am wanting to lose 101 lbs. :) I am doing 30 day shred 5 or 6 days a week, trying to get out for a walk 7 days a week, and doing Walk Away the Pounds sometimes too. I started in Jan and am down 11 lbs. I am doing it with a friend so that seems to make things easier. But I am always looking for support on here so I went ahead and friended you! :)
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to lose 140 lbs. I started January 2012, and I have lost 12 lbs so far. I am staying in my calories most of the time, and working out three to four days a week. Although the lbs haven't been too too much, I am so happy that I can see my ankles, stomach, and thighs getting smaller. Yay! I would love to friend you and I need friends on here as well. Here's to success!!!
  • kimmerkay
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a little over 100 pounds, and have lost 9 pounds so far.. I have been a bit of a roller coaster and slow coming off, but at 45 I can definately see a difference in how slow I'm losing... Let's all lose this weight together!!!
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm looking to lose about 150 pounds. I'm 5'11" and started out at 325. I began my weight loss journey on December 1st (just in time for the holidays, lol). I joined Curves and began logging my food on MFP pretty regularly. I work out at Curves 3 to 5 times a week, and I also go to a Kickboxing and Yoga Class on Monday nights. Diet is essential though! I have lost 29 pounds so far, but better than that I have reduced my blood pressure and cholesterol levels to normal levels, which simply thrills me! I would love to share this journey with other ladies on a similar path! We can do ALL things thru Christ who gives us Strength (and the wisdom to look for others to support us!)

Have a blessed journey!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm 2/3rd through my journey to lose 90. I'm 5'4"
  • alistephens12
    Options
    Hi! I started my journey when a scale that "accurately" read to 300 lbs and "in the red" measured to 315, tipped and broke under my weight. Shocking, but true. I never knew what "tipping" the scales meant, until I saw it. I never thought that could ever be me. I was always a more athletic, curvy girl, nothing like my skinny sister counterpart, but over 315? Not possible! That did it for me. I was probably in the neighborhood of 325 or so, since I have no clue for sure. There are a few isolated pictures of me, which I will have to request copies of from my extended family, since I made no effort to keep them and indeed every effort to eliminate them, but they tell a story and I should start to collect them. I reached 215 before the holidays, but an injury and holiday eating took me a little off track for a few months and I put back 20, the first gain I had since I started. So I vowed not to beat myself up, get back on track and get going again.

I just completed a month of a very intense bootcamp class, which has got my fitness capabilities back on track. It was there that I learned about MFP and began tracking here, it has been less than a week on MFP. I am looking into fitness options (free trial here/bootcamp there/etc). I lost the first 100 lbs just working out in my living room and when done well and without fail, that works, however I need to take it to the next level to really rid myself of the rest of the weight. My body is showing signs of resistance and platueas, so I am looking into more intense options and would welcome feedback from any programs out there people have tried.

Feel free to friend me, I look foreward to the rest of my journey.
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 wanted to lose 120Lbs. I work out 4 times a week and do 30day shred all week. Feel free to add me, the more support the better. :smile:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and only 12 pounds from losing 100 :) Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I posted before/during pics here a couple weeks ago: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474956-80-pounds-lost-with-a-couple-pics

Congrats on your success so far!
  • teschy123
    Options
    I am wanting to lose a 100lbs and I started Jan 23, 2012 and I have lost 12.5 lbs thus far!!! I work out 4/5 days a week doing cardio and strength training!!! I also am always within my calorie range!!! I am looking for fun people to help motivate me so I am going to friend you!! We can do this!!!
  • zagecko
    Options
    I am a 6' male who just before joining MFP weighed in @ 422lbs. I am currently at 379.8 for a total of 42lbs so far since Sept. of last year 2011. I work out with a trainer twice a week doing mostly cardio heavy circuits with some strength training in there as well. I walk/Powerwalk two to three times per week, usually for an hour and try to walk a little further each time. Currently at about 3.5 miles in that hour. I am also working with a nutritionist to help keep my new healthier way of eating on track. Feel free to friend me - always looking for fellow MFPers to support and get support from. Keep it up! Know that you are worth all the hard work!
  • KCharron20
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at 333 lbs in December 2010.. I have lost 94 pounds so far and still have 80 to go. I work out 4x a week plus 2x a week with a trainer. I do core, cardio and strength training. Feel free to add me. Keep up the great work!
  • roadworthy
    Options
    Hi there

I would ultimately love to lose 100lbs. For now I have set my longterm goal to 80 though. Right now I am around 218lbs, feel free to add me as a friend. I just started using MFP online and love the home page seeing how everyone is doing and sharing encouragement. Before now I only used MFP through my blackberry.
  • ancook02
    ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HI!

I've got about 150lbs to lose. I've lost 13lbs so far. I do 30 day shred all week and get to the gym when I can. I've been watching my diet very very carefully and cut out all sodas and fast food.

Feel free to add me. Always looking for friends. :)
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    While 100lbs is a little subjective, I am in the process of transitioning weight around. I did balloon up to ~330, I am down "32 lbs scale weight" I use quotes because of the amount of muscle I have gained offsets scale numbers. I only weight myself about once a month, and I look to other means to see results, I have been very happy at 220s and at 240s depending on my muscle mass. This is not the first time I have lost a 100lbs either (I caught MSRA last year and was out of the gym for 7 months). I kept eating for my workouts, just not working out.

The real goals are things fitting better, being more active, completing miles on your favorite cardio machine, lifting a new weight, trying a new exercise. I have known more than one person who got too caught up with what the scale says and not how there body is doing.

Good luck Everyone, I will check back later to see how everyone is doing.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 1 2012 at 268. No, not a resolution. Last year was a high stress one where I got divorced and had to deal with the fallout of everything. I told myself after I survived it I would work on getting myself in a healthier place, both mentally and physically. So last year was "The Year of the Divorce". This year is "All About ME". And once I am in a better place for me my kids will be an a better place by default. So, yes, I started right at the beginning of this year on the road to a new and better me. So far I am 21 lbs down and working my *kitten* off (literally) on the way to losing 130. :smile:
  • calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 150 pounds. I have lost 36 as of right now.

I started this Oct. 6, 2010 and I lost 60 pounds in roughly 6 months. And then I hit a plateu. I was on that for a while and then things came up, school work, actual work, snow storms, and other random stresses and I strayed. I ended up gaining 38 of it back. Started back on daily tracking and ecercise Jan. 1 and have lost 14 pounds so far this year. Hoping to lose about 80 or 90 this year and finsih off next year. Who knows, perhaps I can do over 100 this years.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! If I were to strive for the goal weight "they" say I should be at, I would need to lose 100 or more pounds also. For my personal goal I'm aiming for about 80 pounds overall. Like many of you, I have tried losing weight many times. I re-started with MFP about 2 weeks ago, along with one of my besties, at 252 pounds. I've been doing not so great at the eating, and using Zumba and C25k on the treadmill for exercise. I'd love to share support with any of you - feel free to add me! Becky
  • Libelleak
    Libelleak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started MFP in June 2011. I am 6'1" and want to lose 120lb total. I took a bit of a break over late fall through Christmas and am back at it and 30lb down so far. My weight came on over an 11 year struggle with infertility. I now have a son who I adore and a DH who has stuck by me through all of this.
    Message me- I'm looking for some friends who can relate (to being tall, 100+ pounds to lose, &/or infertility in their past)!
    (SW: 295, CW: 265, GW: 175)
  • kittiecat666
    Options
    i've got loads to lose so much so that i try not to focus on what i need to lose but what i have already lost
  • CocktailDelite
    CocktailDelite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose about 100-110 lbs as well. I need all the help I can get. I started at 283 lbs at the begining of Feburary. If anyone has any tips, suggestions or anything please let me know. I try to watch what I eat and drink shooting for the low carb diet but it's hard. I haven't been able to go to the gym in a week and I feel that's not helping me at all. I'm willing to help anyone I can that is willing to help me!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!