Bikinis

Options
Mornin' y'all.

I intend to be able to wear a bikini with confidence this summer and spend a lot of time on the beach and by the pool :bigsmile: Working hard for it. I am in the market for a 'motivation bikini' to buy so I can get really excited about working hard and looking/feeling great this year.

Can any of my curvy female friends suggest some sites to look for bathings suits? I wasn't too impressed with Victoria's Secret. :|

TIA

Replies

• egawne14
    egawne14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vix Swimwear and South Moon Under have some great suits.. You can find them both by googling.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ever hear of California Sunshine? pricy but GREAT swimsuits for curvy girls and girls with bigger boobs (like me!) I love their suits, take care of them and they will last you years. i cannot WAIT to buy a bikini top from them this spring for summer :):):)

they are pricy though - i've spent $80 bucks on a tankini top BUT again they last years and I always just go buy a bottom from target or something.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I checked out all three sites, thanks for the responses, very cute stuff!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret is great, especially when I was a size DD and needed an underwire (now that I'm a C, I'll probably still need under wire since there has been some "drop" since I've lost weight lol). The padding is always removable and you can mix and match and choose what style bottom works for you.

When you order online, you can still use the same package it came in to mail it back for free if it doesn't fit or you don't like it (although you can only do that once). There is usually a sale in the spring, so you might want to weight since VS is a little pricey but well worth it, especially if you don't think you'll drop much more weight this summer.

EDIT: lol I didn't see the last line about not being impressed with Victoria Secret... sorry!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My main thing with VS is that a thin string or thin strap at the hip really emphasizes larger hips and thighs. I like more full coverage bottoms for my Texas-sized @$$. <3

Thanks though, I do always like looking there and can probably find a cute top, even if I don't buy the bottoms.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KumariM
    Options
    http://ciamaritimaus.com

These guys have great bikinis, that last for years...
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Everythingbutwater.com has a lot of nice stuff and a very helpful site - definitely pricey though.