Sizzlin' Summer Slimdown 04.14.09

Options
:flowerforyou: Good morning and Terrific Tuesday!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a wonderful day yesterday complete with healthy choices and lots of movement!

Today I will be at the Y for my training session and a half hour on the elliptical along with staying hydrated and eating properly.

Have a tasty, toned and terrific Tuesday!!! :heart:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning and Terrific Tuesday!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a wonderful day yesterday complete with healthy choices and lots of movement!

Today I will be at the Y for my training session and a half hour on the elliptical along with staying hydrated and eating properly.

Have a tasty, toned and terrific Tuesday!!! :heart:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I join this group? :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Do you mind if I join this group? :flowerforyou:

Not at all...welcome...:flowerforyou:

We began yesterday and will have a final weigh in on Friday, May 22nd. You chose your goal and if you'd like attempt for the 30 out of 40 days of exercise that some of us here are also trying to achieve.

This is a wonderful group full of abundant support and encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    WELCOME pipinana!:flowerforyou:

I totally just wrote a whole post and then something happened and it disappeared! GRRR!!!

Anyway, I had a GREAT day yesterday. I met my calorie intake without going over. I drank LOTs of water and I moved A LOT! I also asked my best friend to go walking with me today and she agreed!!! I love her so much...she is around 250 lbs and she has congestive heart failure. (she's only 24 and has had it for 5 years). My goal all along has been to get myself together, so I can help her. She needs me, and I am determined that she will grow to be an old granny with me. (we've been best friends for 11 years)

I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Stay focused! We will accomplish this!!!! :bigsmile:
  • pipinana
    Options
    :bigsmile: OK great, thanks! :smile:

So, I've decided to make my goal 10 pounds, and work out 30 times. :smokin:

I'm going to have to push myself, but so far I've just been "doing it" - I never made "mini goals" or "work-out goals" before. But, this past couple of weeks, I've noticed I'm laxing in the w/o department (started w/ 3/wk strong, now it's like 1-2) and have gone over my cals a couple too many times.... I want to re-vamp my lifestyle change; get excited and motivated again, like I was in the beginning.

My Starting Weight (01/14/09): 183
    Current Weight: 161
    Mini Goal (05/22): 152 :love:

PS - Theresa, did you notice that we've lost the exact same amount? And our goal weight is only 5lbs off from each other?! LOL...... :tongue:

Can't wait to get started with the group! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    Options

I totally just wrote a whole post and then something happened and it disappeared! GRRR!!!

Anyway, I had a GREAT day yesterday. I met my calorie intake without going over. I drank LOTs of water and I moved A LOT! I also asked my best friend to go walking with me today and she agreed!!! I love her so much...she is around 250 lbs and she has congestive heart failure. (she's only 24 and has had it for 5 years). My goal all along has been to get myself together, so I can help her. She needs me, and I am determined that she will grow to be an old granny with me. (we've been best friends for 11 years)

I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Stay focused! We will accomplish this!!!! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Thanks! I'm excited for sure!

Kudos to your friend! That takes a LOT of guts (and motivation) - keep pushing her. You're right, she does need you, and is very lucky she has a caring friend like you! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Theresa35
    Options

:drinker: Here's to your great day yesterday!!! That is wondeful your friend is walking with you :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    :bigsmile: OK great, thanks! :smile:

So, I've decided to make my goal 10 pounds, and work out 30 times. :smokin:

I'm going to have to push myself, but so far I've just been "doing it" - I never made "mini goals" or "work-out goals" before. But, this past couple of weeks, I've noticed I'm laxing in the w/o department (started w/ 3/wk strong, now it's like 1-2) and have gone over my cals a couple too many times.... I want to re-vamp my lifestyle change; get excited and motivated again, like I was in the beginning.

My Starting Weight (01/14/09): 183
    Current Weight: 161
    Mini Goal (05/22): 152 :love:

PS - Theresa, did you notice that we've lost the exact same amount? And our goal weight is only 5lbs off from each other?! LOL...... :tongue:

Can't wait to get started with the group! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Yes, I did notice that...my goal may end up being around yours as well, but my focus for this challenge is body fat...I'm currently at 20% and I want to maintain at 16-18%.

:flowerforyou:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i had a bit of a rough start yesterday for this challenge. i did great all day, and knew that i wouldn't have tim to work out so portioned my calories and watched them closely. then my boyfriend and i went to his grandmas's house for dinner w/ some of his family and everything went from good to bad.

miraculously, i stepped on the scale this morning and i lost a pound! down to 158 :bigsmile: maybe i should just eat whatever more often! haha- i'll calk it up to a system shock and do better today.

today will be my first day of 3 for exercise. i'm going to do the BL cardio 1-3 this AM, and have pilates class tonight. hoorah!

happy tuesday everyone :drinker: :drinker:
  • kishia02
    kishia02 Posts: 11
    Options
    [
  • kishia02
    kishia02 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi

This group sounds motivated. Do you mind if I join?
  • kdmiles
    kdmiles Posts: 9
    Options
    Good morning everyone....missed my Yoga class this morning due to some errands. Trying to make it to the Y after work though...gotta get that 30/40.
    Lost a couple of lbs yesterday but feel sure it was the water weight I put on this weekend. I have to remember; Salt is NOT my friend!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Congrats on a great first day.

WELCOME CYP! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: Glad you are joining us!

My first day wasn't too horrible but not the best. There was a BAD storm that came through last night so I didn't make it out the gym. . .however, I did get a good 25 minutes on my tiny stair stepper thingie at the house. (while watching Center Stage!! :embarassed: ) So, at least I got some movement in before we lost ALL power. :grumble: That being said - I didn't get to prepare my food for breakfast and lunch today, but haven't made too poor of choices yet - and don't intend to either!

1/30 Exercise days accomplished. Need to do better with food and water today! Especially considering that I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with something. :frown: OH well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday so far. I wish I was curled up with a book in bed...perfect cuddly, book reading, movie watching weather! (almost reminds me of Hurricane weather - AHHH!!!)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Sorry I wasn't here for the first day of the challenge. I was not feeling well. Probably because of all the crap I ate over the weekend. I have gained back 3 of the 5 I lost during the last challenge. So I am starting over today. My goal is 8lbs this time.

SW 221
    GW 213

Good luck everyone, keep up the great work.

Memaw
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did not have a great start to the challange but I got some much needed time with my DH. So far I am 0/40 on the workout challange but will make up for it tonight. Went over on my calories but my DH made dinner so I'm not complaining. Back to it today.:drinker:
    Hope everyone has a wonderful healthy day.:flowerforyou:
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I stayed on target with my calories and water yesterday but didn't get to work out because I was just exhausted! I think TOM may be planning a visit which would explain the one pound gain for me this morning as well! I am planning on working out today though, I don't work tonight so that is great, gives me more time to fit a workout in. Good Luck everyone!! And, welcome to the group all you new people! This is a wonderful group to belong to! :heart: :heart:
  • pipinana
    Options

WELCOME CYP! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: Glad you are joining us!

:bigsmile: HEY Colleen!! :laugh: Glad I joined the same group you're in! :drinker:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good Job on Day 1 ladies!!!

I did ok. I went to the gym, and got on a broken elliptical. No matter what I did, change the incline, change the resistance, it was super hard. I thought maybe I was just being a baby, but holey moley, I made it 8 minutes and thought I was going to die. So I did a bunch of weights instead. I think I will avoid that elliptical tonight :laugh:

I did get in a fight with the scale though. Yesterday morning I was 193.5. This morning I was 199.5 :noway: . I even checked it after I got out of the shower, and it said the same thing. I drank a ton of water yesterday, and didn't eat too much sodium, so I am just going to pretend like I never saw the 199.5 number and move on with life.
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Ok so day one went good for me..I didn't get to workout but I did stay within my calories! Gotta go and buy some more bottled water though..Not to fond of the city water! lol..So I am 0/30 on the exercise but hope to change that today!!! Good luck everyone! Lets all make good choices today!!:drinker:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi can I join? I already gave myself a goal of 13 lbs. lost by the end of May, but I think i need the extra motivation.