Need more friends that looove veggies like I do

Options
Hey There,

I am a pescatarian, meaning I eat fish, beans, eggs, tons of veggies and some fruit (but I enjoy veggies more). I have noticed a ton of people lacking on the veggies in their meal planning. I believe in 6 fruits and veggies a day and I also believe that the quality of the calories count. I would love to have some friends that feel the same way (I do love my friends that aren't so good about fruits and veggies but I can't pass by their daily diary without making comments about needing more fruits and veggies). I am a clean eater and use very little to no sauces and no processed foods. I even gave up bread a year ago. My favorite meals consist of raw vegetables and raw fish mmmm sushi. Anyone else feel the same way??

This way of eating is new for me but my body does prefer it. I wonder if there is anyone else out there like me? Happy weight losing everyone!! Looking forward to having more clean eater friends!

Replies

• KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian too! I'm adding you now. I eat veggies and I'm also into juicing and eating a more raw based diet. But dont judge my journal too harshly I cant seem to say no to chocolate. :embarassed:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Hey There,

I am a pescatarian, meaning I eat fish, beans, eggs, tons of veggies and some fruit (but I enjoy veggies more). I have noticed a ton of people lacking on the veggies in their meal planning. I believe in 6 fruits and veggies a day and I also believe that the quality of the calories count. I would love to have some friends that feel the same way (I do love my friends that aren't so good about fruits and veggies but I can't pass by their daily diary without making comments about needing more fruits and veggies). I am a clean eater and use very little to no sauces and no processed foods. I even gave up bread a year ago. My favorite meals consist of raw vegetables and raw fish mmmm sushi. Anyone else feel the same way??

This way of eating is new for me but my body does prefer it. I wonder if there is anyone else out there like me? Happy weight losing everyone!! Looking forward to having more clean eater friends!

I eat lots of veggies, but also lots of foods you would probably consider "dirty."

Do I qualify?
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    haha of course you do !!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits, veggies, and beans in my diary.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you!! I love veggies! I am almost to pescatarian. I still have poultry from time to time, but I have almost cut red meat out. We have it maybe once or twice per month now. My goal is to be 100% pescatarian by the end of the year. I just can't say goodbye to poultry yet. :) I am just glad we are already friends!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    hehe me too. You are a great and very supportive friend iddreams!!! I became a pescatarian or pescetarian (not sure of the right spelling) when I was 10 years old. I had a pet chicken and pet bunny in France and they ate them as soon as I left the country to go home. My father is French. So, I was devastated and I still remember by last hamburger and I also remember saying to myself it would be my very last piece of meat ever. Everyone in France laughed and could not believe it. I do loooooove fish. I will only eat animals that I am willing to kill myself. At this point it has been so long without land animals that I could never go back. I don't miss it at all but do make meat for my kids because I do not feel like it is right to make a decision like that for them. They can decide whatever they want when they get older.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    :heart: Thanks!!

I will have to continue to make some meat for my daughter otherwise she will kill me as she is a big fan of chicken, ribs, and bacon! For the most part though she has been taking this path with me.

I have decided to take this path for health reasons. It was a hard decision because I am anemic, and I was always under the impression that the best source of Iron is red meat. Boy was I wrong!! Beets, leafy greens, etc have a much higher quality of iron. I also find that I would rather cut the calories from red meat and be able to eat a little more of fish or poultry. I have found that red meat makes my stomach ill wheras poultry and fish do not. I would much rather eat a tuna steak or some sashimi than a steak. I'll probably end up about 90% pescatarian (I too am not sure on the spelling) within a few months. One 5# package of chicken lasts us a couple of months, but a 5 lb bag of tilapia is gone in a couple weeks :)
  • takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am edging toward high veg, some dairy and fish so near Pescatarian? Pescatarian curious? Hah! I am betting that MFP will be a great success for me so I am looking for friends. This is my first post and I am not sure how to do the friend thing but will give it a try.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    yes, as I am getting older I am really paying attention to the way my body feels when I eat certain foods. I try to avoid the foods that make me feel awful!! I have also had to give up ice cream and yogurt, but cheese and milk are ok. Hehe I am a nightmare to prepare dinner for. My family ends up having 3 diffferent meals every night and it is so hard for me to go to restaurants with the gluten problem. I have to ask every time what goes into the food and a lot of times people lie or are not sure. I inevitably get frustrated and have a really bad stomach afterwards.
  • khrystyna82
    khrystyna82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started going pescatarian a few weeks ago since I have never been that fond of meat in the first place but it can be hard eating at restaurants without eating me. It definitely takes alot more time to prepare meals for me. I tried soy meat, just isn't the same.
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    I was never into fake meat alternatives plus I heard that tofu is not so good for you. It is overprocessed in my opinion but I do love it in miso soup but there is too much salt :(. I prefer plain foods. I always tell my kids that only boring people get bored. Haha, well I never get bored of simple food either (aka raw fruits, veggies, plain fish, eggs, etc..)
  • crikey1987
    Options
    Veggies! I live on fruits and veggies! Adding you.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Another veg loving pescetarian here! :happy:
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    wow nice to see I am not alone. Love to find other pescetarians out there too. So happy to have new friends that eat the same way as I do!!
  • RobynJoy76
    RobynJoy76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just became vegetarian at the beginning of the year. It's been a challenge, both because I really like the taste of meat and I want it, and because I don't tolerate gluten very well. I cut out all animals (but not eggs or dairy) because, after 35 years of living, I quite suddenly started feeling very guilty and sad. I live in Vermont where lots of humanely and clean meat is readily available, but I still have that moment in my head when an animal is being slaughtered and I can't help but think that it knows it is being killed and then eaten and I can't justify that I need to create that moment for any living creature. In any case, I am trying to eat cleaner and cleaner but I am frankly lazy and my fiance has totally different eating habits than I can roll with (he subsists on pizza almost exclusively. I'm not really even exaggerating). Anyway, I'd be interested in checking out what other people are doing and picking up some better ideas and habits.
  • ColleenB1980
    ColleenB1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    can you please add me because i really need help with eating more fruit and veggies cause I really struggle for ideas and would love to eat cleaner :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    I am up for more veggie-loving friends too. I also try to post at least 3-4 recipes a week, so I'm a good person to have as a friend :)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you! :happy: Love my veggies, and eat clean most of the time.