Needed Some Motivation

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
Hi there!! I'll try and make this as short & sweet as I can, as I know everyone's just here to look for pics. :-) This morning, a friend at work told me that I was looking skinny. She always tells me this on the days that I'm feeling a little extra pudgy. The last few months have been incredibly stressful for me, so I haven't been losing at all, but I also haven't really gained. Same five pounds up and down. I'm pretty happy with that. I still have another 30ish to lose to get to my goal, but I have to admit that I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now. I started as a size 32w and I'm now down to an 18w. I was squeezing into 4x shirts back in April, but now I'm down to XXL. Went from wearing a 48b bra (with TWO extenders) down to a 40c now (yes, cup size has gone UP - THANK GOD!! :-))

As far as what I've done to lose the weight - there isn't a miracle easy way to do it. I stayed under my calorie goal, I worked out an average of 1-2 hours a day - a lot of that swimming. I was diabetic - oral medications and insulin dependent - when I started in April, so I went low carb. I have since eliminated ALL diabetic meds, including insulin. The answer to losing weight - work hard. It pays off.

Without further blabbering from me.....Pics!! :-)

May_FebFront.jpg

May_FebSide.jpg

May_FebFace.png

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OH. HELL. YES.
    HOTTIE BOOM BOTTIE!!!
  • strawberry626
    strawberry626 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    great job. you are gorgeous. keep up the hard work.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done so well for yourself. Congrats on getting off the diabetes medicines! That's huge. A healthy lifestyle is just so important, and you are living proof!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    YOU are Living Proof!! Awesomeness!!
  • ataylo30
    ataylo30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    great job! you look really pretty on top of looking so much healthier!

-Andrea
  • snaus70
    Options
    OMG!! You SHOULD be happy!!! :happy:
    You look absolutely AMAZING! And in only 9 months what a transformation!!! You are truly inspiring!!!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! I am proud to call you a friend and you motivate me to keep it going! :)
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing such a fantastic job. If nothing else, the fact that you are saving your body from the pain that is diabetes is an acomplishment in itself. Top that off with your fantastic new body and you should be very proud!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you look like you have halved yourself!!! you look absolutely amazing!!! keep up the great work!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration to us all! You look great!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's fantastic! Being able to go off of your medications alone is tremendous! You look absolutely great! Shows what dedication can really accomplish. :flowerforyou:
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are just the motivation I needed today!!! You look great!!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD LAWD!!! Jen you are looking amazing! YOu are truly inspiring to those who want to quit or think that they can not do it. Keep on rocking Girl! You look fantastic and im sure the bf is loving that new sexy body
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! I hope you are really proud of yourself, because you look AMAZING! Keep going! You have come so far!
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    Phenomenal. :)
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HELLS YES!!! You look FABULOUS!!! Great job!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have hit a wall as well. I am SOOO close to where I want to be, but have lost my motivation. I've lost the same 10 pounds 30 times!! errr!! My Mr has started now as well. He is SO motivated.... I just can't seem to get back to that place. Could use the help. Friend request coming!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!