Wow, pancakes are NOT a good breakfast choice!

Options
2»

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but Fiber One pancakes are awesome. You get 3 pancakes for 180 calories and you are STUFFED when you finish because of all that fiber. Plus, light or sugar free pancake syrup is very low in calories. You can spruce them up with mini chocolate chips or fruit and they are YUMMY! Love pancakes and I will never give them up! :love:

Where are the Fiber One pancakes at? Are they pre-made/frozen or is there a dry mix for it?
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Always go with the multigrain pancakes or 100% whole wheat pancakes. In regards to syrup, go for Smuckers Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup. You wont feel guilty.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Maybe not, but they're an EXCELLENT nighttime snack.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    mine are only 130 for about 4, plus 6 cal syrup
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    listen all this crazy syrup talk is hurting my ears .... don't water it down no don't use lite stuff geesh I am from Vermont and this is Heresy ... my eyes are burning from reading all this stuff. All I can say is if your going to splurge do it right good ol Vermont Maple syrup
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i don't even use syrup! i make blueberry pancakes at home every sunday and they are pretty good for calories. i use pure mexican vanilla too so between the vanilla flavor and the blueberries there is no need for syrup!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I make a version of Jillian Michael's pancakes every Saturday after a good 2-3 hour gym session..

1/2 c egg white
    1/4 c cottage cheese (lowfat)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    cinnamon to taste (I add a teaspoon or so)

Mix together and cook on a sprayed fry pan. I actually have this teeny tiny pan shaped like an animal that I like to use.. it keeps the mix from spreading.. they are SUPER deliscious.. I was very skeptical at first but I promise they taste fine!

I just purchased Walden Farms pancake syrup..it's ZERO calories, fat, carb and only 95mg sodium per 1/4c

http://www6.netrition.com/waldenfarms_syrup_page.html
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If I make pancakes on the weekend I will make from them from scratch using whole wheat flour and 1% milk. I can't remember exactly how much it works out to but I think like 1/3 of a cup for around 100 calories. I usually have 2 and feel full and I use REAL Maple Syrup...yum! It's only 30 calories for a tbsp. seems to be enough. :)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I use krusteaz [just add water!] and I can eat like 3 pancakes for around 200 calories.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but Fiber One pancakes are awesome. You get 3 pancakes for 180 calories and you are STUFFED when you finish because of all that fiber. Plus, light or sugar free pancake syrup is very low in calories. You can spruce them up with mini chocolate chips or fruit and they are YUMMY! Love pancakes and I will never give them up! :love:

Is that on the baking isle? Sounds good!
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    If I eat them, it is for dinner!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If you make them from scratch they can be okay, but I make them thin and only have 1 or 2.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had a serve (4 small pancakes) of wholemeal pancakes with some chocolate protein powder added, and some light cream cheese on top for breakie this morn, so so yummy and filling and was 343 cals