How to beat the plateaus....

Options
Hello,

I've lost 5 lbs and now I weigh 169 lbs. I feel like I am eating well and I work out 5 days a week with an hour of cardio and a few weightlifting exercises per session. The scale hasn't moved in a couple of weeks and I am getting very discouraged. Any suggesions?

Replies

• Deinonychus
    Options
    I don't know but try not to get discouraged, best of luck to you :)
  • Shaneinhisroom
    Options
    Are you above or below your maintenance caloric intake? Try eating maintenance level, take a week off training (light cardio is OK), and then slow ramp up or down again to what you're at now.
  • subigirl
    subigirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Change up your workout routine about every 3 weeks....change exercises, change intensity, change weight, etc. Also, are you doing intervals with your cardio? If not, try this...for about 3-4 minutes, go at a pace where you can barely hold a conversation. Then, for about 1-2 minutes, go has hard as you can (if you are walking or jogging...try running; if you are cycling or on an elliptical, hit it as fast as you can go). Go back to your "barely hold a conversation" pace, and repeat this cycle for the duration of your 30 minutes. For about 3 weeks, go 4 minutes-1 minute-4 minutes...then the next 3 week cycle, go 3 minutes-2 minutes-3 minutes...and then switch back.
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?