Finally

Options
So, I have only been here 1.5 weeks but have been working on my weight loss for 2 or more. However, I have been working out 4-5 days per week since last July. I had been pretty disappointed in my results as there had really been none for a long while. I was definitely getting stronger though. I am on a lot of medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis and stopped prednisone about 1 week ago. I gained a whopping 100+ pounds in the last year so weight loss was very very necessary. For a while after starting the program I wasn't losing and was getting more and more disappointed. I really expected a huge drop in weight after stopping steroids and it just wasn't showing. Initially I wasn't eating my exercise calories back because I was told not too by so many people. Then I did and I was gaining for a couple days 1/2 pound at a time and it was stressing me out. So, I set my MFP back a couple hundred and then starting eating the exercise calories back ( I average about 500-800c burned exercising). I must have found the right mix or the right food (starting making a turkey chili and vegetarian chili that I swear is helping). I am also while doing this juicing (fruits and vegetables only) and eating only gluten free in hopes of finding a cure to all my ailments. I can no longer afford insurance deductible so I am reaching for anything.

Well, suffice to say the pounds are coming off daily for some reason and now in 2 weeks time I have lost 14 lbs and I am utterly thrilled. I am a big girl so a big drop in the beginning is likely expected and on day one I did drop about 10 lbs of water weight from juicing (fruits and vegetables) only. So, if we take off the inital water weight loss that equals 4 lbs just this week and I am dancing!

Well, hope everyone else has a positive outcome this week.

Theresa

Replies

• cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like you're well on your way! Keep going!
  • PompousClock
    Options
    Fantastic! Sounds like you've hit on a formula that works for you, and that you can maintain. I have a friend who has had to go gluten-free (Celiac's), and she's reported significant health benefits. I've read the same can apply to Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers; hope you get the same positive results!