Any rapid weight loss tips.

Options
Touchy subject I know. So I'll explain first.

So after I lost 50 pounds I inspired my work to start a biggest loser challenge. I was glad to inspire my coworkers to shed some pounds however I was leery to join them. The challenge started in december and ends the first week of march. I knew being competitive would be a challenge as I had already shed so much weight and I would be missing the last weigh in due to a sheduled vacation. So I need to weigh in twice in one week (next week) to remain in the competition,or weigh in when I get back the following monday from my cruise. Now I can show some restraint but while on a cruise with 15 of your closest friends this will be a challenge in itself.

After insipring so many coworkers to join I gave in and joined the challenge. Now that the end is near and I've been in the lead most of the competition...I'm in second....to a much larger man who is still capable of throwing down giant numbers. As such he's been using the sauna 2x a day to lose more weight. This week he lost 9# grrr.

So while I'm in this for the long run...an extra $600.00 wouldn't be bad either.

I just need some temporary weightloss....

Any suggestions?

I am in this for the long haul just need some competitive advantage.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    $600 will barely scratch the surface of the loose skin removal if you lose it too fast....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You need to ask yourself if potentially sacrificing your health and your ability to maintain this lifestyle permanently is worth losing over a competition.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    just for a few days eat protein only and loads of water but no more then 4 days.. should shift 7 or more pounds... refer to dukan diet on google for tips.

Would not recommend at all for a lifestyle change.. been there done that put it all back on...

good luck!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Fasting... sauna... laxatives...

Or my personal fav... forget about fast weight loss and cultivate a positive, healthy relationship with food and go for slow, unrisky, sustainable loss.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Or my personal fav... forget about fast weight loss and cultivate a positive, healthy relationship with food and go for slow, unrisky, sustainable loss.

This....And in the process helping your work/weight loss mates understand the realities of losing weight....
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't do it!!!! Are you losing weight for fame and noteriety and money or because you want to be healthy? I don't get it!!!

If you are really intent on this, how about trying HCG! I've heard that does wonders for your health.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    cut out the carbs completely! You will lose weight fast in the beginning, but when you add them back the weight will come back. If its worth it to you I would go that route. I did that once in my life, I lost alot of weight, but then it all came back PLUS some when I was done.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cut off your most unused limb, I am guessing this would your non-dominant arm. Make sure you keep the limb on ice as you may be able to have it re-attached after the competition, although if may cost you much more than the $600 you would win.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water. (1/2 your body weight in pounds as ounces of water.) If you don't drink this much normally, will help you drop a few extra pounds.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Cut off your most unused limb, I am guessing this would your non-dominant arm. Make sure you keep the limb on ice as you may be able to have it re-attached after the competition, although if may cost you much more than the $600 you would win.
    Heck, cut off all your limbs, you'll win the prize and I'm sure all the chicks will really dig you!!!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

This was going to be my suggestion too!

On the basis that removing a limb has been taken I'm going to suggest blowing you nose really really hard, shaving your legs and getting a haircut.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    getting popcorn to watch the show.....
  • trujillo68
    trujillo68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No there is not if there is you gain it all back!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Get a part-time job to make $600 and continue doing what your doing in terms of your health and fitness. Let's say you sacrifice your metabolism and lose a lot of weight, but someone else still wins and you don't get the money. Now you're going to gain weight and feel like crap.

I could be bias though...Losing weight without working hard to maintain my optimum level of health and fitness is not something I practice and neither is making money without working hard.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you could always have your jaw wired shut! :bigsmile:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow. Sorry, but that is an insult to those of us who are in it for the long haul and want to make healthy LIFE time choices. Not smart.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Touchy subject I know. So I'll explain first.

So after I lost 50 pounds I inspired my work to start a biggest loser challenge. I was glad to inspire my coworkers to shed some pounds however I was leery to join them. The challenge started in december and ends the first week of march. I knew being competitive would be a challenge as I had already shed so much weight and I would be missing the last weigh in due to a sheduled vacation. So I need to weigh in twice in one week (next week) to remain in the competition,or weigh in when I get back the following monday from my cruise. Now I can show some restraint but while on a cruise with 15 of your closest friends this will be a challenge in itself.

After insipring so many coworkers to join I gave in and joined the challenge. Now that the end is near and I've been in the lead most of the competition...I'm in second....to a much larger man who is still capable of throwing down giant numbers. As such he's been using the sauna 2x a day to lose more weight. This week he lost 9# grrr.

So while I'm in this for the long run...an extra $600.00 wouldn't be bad either.

I just need some temporary weightloss....

Any suggestions?

I am in this for the long haul just need some competitive advantage.

Buddy of mine at the gym lost like 250 lbs dowm from 400. No loose skin. He did it slow
  • rayleansout
    Options
    $600 will barely scratch the surface of the loose skin removal if you lose it too fast....

AMEN TO THAT!!!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    poop. big poop.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow. Sorry, but that is an insult to those of us who are in it for the long haul and want to make healthy LIFE time choices. Not smart.

It's not an insult... it's nothing personal. Different strokes for different folks.