How often and when do you exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Usually:
    Mon-Thur. an hour of Jazzercise after work.
    Friday rest
    Sat. Jazzercise, Tai Chi and sometimes swim
    Sun. Weight training, Tai Chi and Jazzercise. (Sometimes walk 3 miles around a local park instead of Jazzercise)

This is pretty average for now, I have memberships at both Jazzercise and a full service gym.
    I will retire soon and hope to add Yoga and more time at the gym. I'll definitely continue Jazzercise and hope to practice Tai Chi every day. I'll be 62 in June, but may stop working before that.:happy:
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Usually 6 days a week for 60-90 minutes, whenever I can squeeze it in (both my wife and I work and we have a 4 yr. old daughter, Olivia, who needs to be picked up from daycare). Mostly, it's between 11am-4:30pm on weekdays (walk at work), but weekends, usually in the late afternoon, when Olivia is napping. I take 1 day off per week, but it's not prearranged, it's based on when my body feels like it needs a rest.

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    try for everyday... 30 day shred.. and run Tues/Thurs/Sat... usually at night after work... 430ish.. wed/friday// 8:30pmish and saturday whenever i wake up from my slumber.. same with sunday if i dont take it off.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 days, afternoons =]
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at 5:30 am M,W,&F and whenever I wake up on Sundays, usually around 8-9 am. I've been doing 30 Day Shred every day after work. Once I'm done 30DS, I plan on rotating through her other videos on my off days from the gym.
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
    I do either JM 30DS, Tae Bo, or Circuit training during the day when the baby is alseep and after dinner I either do C25k or a 5k walk
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I work out at least 6x....some weeks I get 7 days in. I listen to my body when it gets tired or needs rest from working out and those days I may get 1 day of rest in ...I love to workout and I like to get it done in the morning..It gives me a boost of energy and mentally and physically I feel better...I find myself dragging or putting off working out if I wait til the evening to get it in.. When I do 2-a days I set it up where its something thats not the bulk of my workout!
  • librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a busy schedule - full-time job and grad school - so I just fit exercise in wherever I can. Usually:

After work on Mondays, Tuesdays
    Sometime Wednesday (preferably morning)
    Before work Thursday
    Saturday or Sunday, if I'm not already doing something active (I'm blues dancing all this weekend!)

I mostly run with some weights thrown in (training for a 10k), but my copy of 30 Day Shred is on its way to me soon!
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I workout every other day. My knees need a rest. 3-4 times per week