why can't I lose this last 25?!

Options
I pretty much eat the same thing everyday except for dinner
Bfast is always coffee and mutigrain cherrios (200 cals)
Lunch is always a sandwich and special k chips with avacado(420 cals)
Dinner is always about 500-600 cals (spaghetti, piza or tilapia usually)
i always have 2 snacks that are 130 & 150 cals each

my workout is always 20-25 minutes on the elliptical and i burn about 550-650 cals

I usually net 800-1000 cals.

i lost 55 pounds doing this and these last 25 wont come off! I have been cheating alot lately (bday, vday) but I am back on track

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, maybe shake up your diet a bit. Sounds like your body is getting used to it. Also, you're netting too few calories. Aim for AT LEAST 1200 calories NET.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your exercise and add some strength training.

Is your tracking pretty accurate? Sometimes we don't realize that we are under or overestimating calories eaten and/or burned from exercise.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb per week and eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories. Your body needs more fuel to cut fat.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Add in fruits and vegetables, change up what you eat. For some people (not all) if you eat the same thing day after day, your body becomes complacent and the weight doesn't come off. Also, change up your exercise. Your muscles become very efficient at preserving energy once they figure out that you're doing the same thing day after day. At a minimum, add in intervals and running backwards on the elliptical. But better would be adding in strength training and different cardio workouts.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Switch your lunch and dinner around. Try making your bigger meal lunch and go lighter on the dinner meal.

Also how are you calculating calories burned on the elliptical? If you are going off the machine the numbers might not be accurate. Try a new a different exercise, if you feel uncomfortable abandoning your tried and true progress, do elliptical for half the time and strength the other half.

Everyone who does the exact same thing hits a plato ... your body is different now than it was when you started and needs different levels of energy and different types of fitness. SHAKE IT UP!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Try adding more protein and eat more! You are netting too few calories to keep losing weight.
    Change up your exercise routine. Use of new muscle combinations can get you kick started again.
    Drink plenty of water.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Aim for AT LEAST 1200 calories NET.

agreed