What to order at (insert restaurant)

Options
I was thinking we could share good choices to order at different restaurants. This would make it easier for others who are eating out to quickly be able to decide what to get.

Here are a few of mine.

Outback Steakhouse- I get the outback 6 oz special. You get two sides. Broccoli no butter for the first one, second one is the side salad with the tangy tomato dressing and no croutons.

Total Meal - 6 oz Sirloin With Broccoli No Butter And Tangy Tomato Salad No Croutons
Nutritional Facts*
Calories 404 cal
Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Protein 46 g
Cholesterol 109 mg
Sodium 500 mg

Pei Wei Asian Diner

Sweet & Sour Chicken Stock Velveted with brown rice (this is for 1/2 order)

Calories 420 cal
Carbohydrates 72 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Total Fat 11.5 g
Saturated Fat .5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Protein 27 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 480 mg

The Pei Wei Spicy Chicken Stock Velveted is also another decent choice, but is about 670 calories with rice.

Replies

• nashtyone
    Options
    Here is another one I like

****eys BBQ one meat plate - Turkey (you could also order beef briskit or chicken breast, they are close to the turkey)
    You get two sides, but I try to eat a total of 1 side by either just eating one or by eating half of each. Get the Jalapeno Beans and the Potato Salad.

Items in this meal Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium
    ****ey's Barbecue - Turkey Breast, 6 oz 320 0 13 49 105 0
    ****ey's Barbecue - Original Potato Salad1.5 oz 38 9 0 1 14 3
    ****ey's Barbecue - Bbq Sauce, 1 tblp 18 5 0 0 55 4
    ****ey's Barbecue Pit - Jalapeno Beans, 2.0 oz 73 13 0 4 41 1
  • chellk71
    Options
    when out I just usually order a side salad and share a fattening appitizer. Or get what I want eat half and take the rest home for the next day. I've tried eating healthy when I am out never works. This time around I am eating what I want. Just make the out meal my main for the day and eat more fruits and veggies the rest of the time.

I applaude you for your motivation and dedication.
  • nashtyone
    Options
    when out I just usually order a side salad and share a fattening appitizer. Or get what I want eat half and take the rest home for the next day. I've tried eating healthy when I am out never works. This time around I am eating what I want. Just make the out meal my main for the day and eat more fruits and veggies the rest of the time.

I applaude you for your motivation and dedication.

Not a horrible strategy, I used to do the same thing, however, I've since decided to try to find the best thing to order. I kinda got 3-4 restaurants that I can stay on my plan with, just looking for some more ideas from people.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Moe's:

Salad with tofu, pinto beans, jalapenos, sauteed mushrooms, and salsa - 250 cals. Sodium is a bit high, but be careful for the rest of the day and you'll be fine!

Smoothie King:

Lean 1 Vanilla - 272 cals, 22 g protein. It's just vanilla protein powder, banana, and almonds. You could easily make this at home, but when I"m at school my options are limited.

These are pretty much the only places I go to.
  • fraudbuster
    Options
    I ordered the broiled flounder at Red Lobster with baked potato without butter or sour cream and according to MFP tracker it was very low in calories.