Arms

Options
I have been lifting for the past 4 years now and believe I pretty much know what I am doing. The only problem I seem to have is with my arms. I can't seem to tone them as much as I want. My shoulders are good (minus my man traps!) but I feel like my arms don't look that good for how much I work them. I know to vary weights (which I am all about lifting heavy) but other than that I do not know what the problem is! Anyone have any tips or exercises that could work??

Thanks!

Replies

• elNuge
    Options
    Pull ups, dips and chin ups! Don't use the assisted machine either... If you can't do them on your own, try getting a resistance band to help!

Also, if you want to tone, I recommend light weights (like 5lbs!) -- heavy weights will get you strong, but the light ones should give you some definition.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Pull ups, dips and chin ups! Don't use the assisted machine either... If you can't do them on your own, try getting a resistance band to help!

Also, if you want to tone, I recommend light weights (like 5lbs!) -- heavy weights will get you strong, but the light ones should give you some definition.

I do all of these exercises! It is frustrating. I know about the bulk and then tone but I feel that 5lbs may be too light. I even vary my weights.