Fatigue and the gym

Options
I worked late last night and only got maybe 5 hours sleep (that's really not alot for me, I do better on a full eight). I'm dragging at work today. Thinking about skipping my gym class, cause spinning kicks my @$$ on a good day! Thoughts? Try to drag myself through the gym or go home and take it easy?

Replies

• qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    If it was ME, I'd go to the gym... Maybe not to the spin class but maybe do a little something else? Something is better than nothing, no?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would go to the gym. Even if you can't work to your normal intensity, it's still good. No excuses, do the work. Go to bed early.
  • PamelaKeebler
    PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yup... I'd go too. Even if you totally half-*kitten* it, getting in the door is a good thing. That alone will keep you in the habit. If you're feeling like garbage 20 minutes into working out you can always decide to leave. At least you gave it a shot!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Go! If you're too tired to finish, stop. It could make you feel better to go. No shame in trying!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If it were ME and I was just going to a spinning class, I'd go home and go to bed. You just won't be able to eat as much as if you worked out. Sorry, not very motivating. I would not skip a day of lifting though.....
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go. I have a 10 minute rule: if I work out for 10 minutes and I don't feel better and more energized than when I came in, I allow myself to go home. I've only actually gone home 3 times.

That way you don't have to feel guilty about not going and chances are you'll feel better afterwards. You'll probably sleep better too! Good luck!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You guys are right. I need to go. I'm gonna lift my weights and go to class dammit! thanks for the motivation!