Harissa paste - WOW

Options
AirCircleI
AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
I just bought some harissa paste, and wasn't really sure what to do with it. Tonight I added it into some prawn and seafood soup that I made and it was AMAZING. Really added loads of flavour to the soup and I didn't add any other seasoning except for some black pepper.

What do you like to use harissa paste for?

Replies

• vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Harissa paste is yum - and if you ever find that Belazu Rose Harissa, stock-pile it because that's even yummer! I spread it on chicken or salmon, or even make a sort of biriyani (wrong word, I know, as the ingredients are Middle Eastern and not Indian) mixing it with minced lamb, chick peas, dried apricots, aubergine, onions, garlic, coriander, mint and feta.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait!! What IS harissa paste?? What is it made from, and who has ideas as to what to do with it?
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    vacherin - yes, I have the Belazu. Been sitting in my cupboard for 2 weeks as I didn't know what to do with it but now I want to put it on everything. Thanks for the ideas!

knittygirl - here is some info about harissa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harissa it isgreat!

anyone else like harissa?
  • JohnntDrama
    Options
    Harissa Paste is a Tunisian paste made out of dried chili's careway seeds and other ingredients, you can use it in soups, on bread etc, it relatively hot, try to find " Le Phare Du Cap Bon" its a canned Harissa straight out of Tunisia (djerba) and the biggest brand there is.