juice question

Options
does anyone know how to figure out the calories in juice made from fresh veggies or fruit?

I had a juice this morning made from carrots, beets ginger and apple, but I can't find calories for just the juice and not the whole carrot or apple etc????

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    does anyone know how to figure out the calories in juice made from fresh veggies or fruit?

I had a juice this morning made from carrots, beets ginger and apple, but I can't find calories for just the juice and not the whole carrot or apple etc????
  • codykitty
    Options
    no one knows :(
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I used to do that juice for a cleanse program I was on.....what I remember is the sugar was high and the calories were fairly high ...the beet and carrot has a whole lot of sugar so watch the amounts

i was doing about 6 oz a morning on a 21 day cleanse and felt great but then learned of the sugar

add some cheese or a fatty protein to slow sown the sugar

you might look at some juice cleanse sites for more info on the cals

it is a good juice tho
  • codykitty
    Options
    Dave, My hero...

I'm not doing a cleanse, I just happen to be at a health food store that had a juice bar. So what are the lower calorie juice choices?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Dave, My hero...

I'm not doing a cleanse, I just happen to be at a health food store that had a juice bar. So what are the lower calorie juice choices?

I really am not sure of how low calorie is low for you. Generally now I avoid straight juices because they are expensive and have the sugar mentioned. I like the fruit but with the pulp etc which is much better for you.

Not to rain on any parade...but my general feeling of fruit juices is to avoid them because of cost and sugar. You will be better off eating the fruit instead of just the juices.

Orange juice for example is one of the most over hyped and mislabeled juices out there. It s ok occasionally for convenience but if you are going to a juice bar, I would go for a vegetable juice if it is fresh.

Probably doesnt help much but there it is.