What is a Good Appetite Suppressant?

Options

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I agree, start drinking flavored warm green teas, like ones that are fruity. Then try having a few almonds.

Not sure exactly what you were looking for- but whatever you do, don't ever go the pill/prescription drug route. Its a downward spiral and dangerous. I say that from experience, no just from what I have "read" or "heard". Just try doing tea and almonds when you feel really hungry, and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry you probably need to eat. Once you are able to do this for a couple weeks your body will be used to it and you won't even notice.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Food works for me......

If your stomach is truly growling from hunger pains after your first three days dieting..your not eating enough.

Drink your water

Eat 5 times a day
  • AmyInSC
    AmyInSC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that yoga is helpful on the hunger front, plus it helps build strong muscles and flexibility at once.

Also, I completely second or third or whatever the healthy, balanced diet.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If you're looking to get a pill, you would have to see a Dietician, I don't think a general physician can or would be comfortable prescribing them. If you're on any other medication or have certain conditions or medical history they have to make sure they give you one that would be least likely to interact with those or give you side effects.

There are some that require tests to monitor your liver or heart, but I'm on medication that requires blood tests every 6 months to make sure it's not pushing my lithium levels to a lethal dose and without the medication I would be worse off. If you really find you can't cut your portions without them then try it for a month. A lot of people see medication/pills as the absolute last option but it won't kill you to try another method if the current one isn't working.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror is always a deterrent!!!!
    This in a swim suit always works!
  • easuess
    easuess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a half scoop of whey protein powder and I'm good from 7:30 to 12:30 -- no growling tummy!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I google really nasty things, such as blue waffles and goiters.
  • BrandyCarr
    Options
    A.C.E.
    Healthy Weight-Loss through
    Appetite Control and
    Energy Lift
    A.C.E. - Appetite Control and Energy dietary supplement is a synergistic blend of ingredients including Dark Cocoa and Natural Caffeine, plus additional key ingredients. One or two capsules will turn-off your hunger switch and kick you into gear!

With Natural A.C.E you will reduce your appetite, eat less and be energized throughout the day. The combination of reduced caloric intake as well as increased energy and activity leads to successful weight loss!
    Achieve your goal with Natural A.C.E.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I agree, start drinking flavored warm green teas, like ones that are fruity. Then try having a few almonds.

Not sure exactly what you were looking for- but whatever you do, don't ever go the pill/prescription drug route. Its a downward spiral and dangerous. I say that from experience, no just from what I have "read" or "heard". Just try doing tea and almonds when you feel really hungry, and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry you probably need to eat. Once you are able to do this for a couple weeks your body will be used to it and you won't even notice.

Being one that is on an appetite suppressant and has gone through plenty other non-related medications over the years I'll just say this: what turns out horrible for some works for others. Everyone reacts to medication differently and no two people will experience it the same. Case in point I was put on a popular, TV advertised medication 5 years ago. I had a horrible reaction on day one, but through research and general asking around I found not a lot of people had the same bad reaction. It's a gamble, but the best you can do is research any possible medications before talking to the doctor, then asking the doctor/researching it after. If you're not comfortable with the side effects or what others are reporting from it (and I mean more than a handful of people) then opt out.
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    looking in a full length mirror, taking off all your clothes and jumping up and down
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    looking in a full length mirror, taking off all your clothes and jumping up and down

Appetite suppressant or sexual stimulant?? I'm more likely to encounter the latter.
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Green tea! It works for me :)
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Food suppresses my appetite

and coffee

Indeed.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes and coffee. OH! And HCG Drops.

If you really want to suppress your appetite, eat some rocks. They will fill you up and not add any calories.
  • simpletasha
    simpletasha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree, exercise helps me eat less and not feel hungry as often, it also helps to do it during times that you feel like you snack just cause your not busy. Also absolutely water I read somewhere that your body gives off the same feeling of hunger when you're thirsty so to grab a cup of water before you down another meal or snack is a good practice.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hm, this would definitely help me!!
  • hidzlosingit
    hidzlosingit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hot Water with Lemon :drinker:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Crack. Best **** on the market.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a half scoop of whey protein powder and I'm good from 7:30 to 12:30 -- no growling tummy!

I just started doing this in the afternoons to get from lunch to dinner. Works wonders. I also put a full cup of milk in my coffee (so basically a cafe au lait), which also has protein and keeps me full.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Crack. Best **** on the market.

I suggested cocaine, but we are in a recession and it can be pricey. Crack is definitely a better bang for your buck, so to speak.