Body Bugg

Options
pamb44
pamb44 Posts: 23 Member
Has anyone bought one of these things? I have a heart rate monitor and love it. I use it with this site and track all my calories. I was reading the Body Bugg blog and they were saying that you get a free (temp) subscription to a website like this one but then have to pay and upload data. Didnt sound like this 'thing' was very user friendly. Just wondering what actual users are thinking?

Replies

• pamb44
    pamb44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Has anyone bought one of these things? I have a heart rate monitor and love it. I use it with this site and track all my calories. I was reading the Body Bugg blog and they were saying that you get a free (temp) subscription to a website like this one but then have to pay and upload data. Didnt sound like this 'thing' was very user friendly. Just wondering what actual users are thinking?
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    HI There ! I bought one and just sold it a few months ago. It was too big ( since then they came out with a smaller version I guess ).. It was OK but like you say you have to use their website which was always slow or down for me and it was frustrating. The Battery lasts about 3 days so that's an expense to replace too. I just found this website a few weeks ago and I LOVE It ! I've already dropped 6 lbs and the ease of use of this one is the best over. Since 2004 I have lost over 130 lbs then gained a few back. I am going to get a HRM for my Chalean Extreme and Turbo Jam workouts though so I know how many calories I can input here.

So I guess the bottom line on the body bugg.. I would say it's good but between this site and a HRM you would be much happier... Also inserting food on their website took forever and they dont have near the selection of foods in the database, so I found myself having to enter all the information for certain foods and it wont let you just add in the calories, you have to put IT ALL in !

Hope that helps :)

What type of HRM do you have ? I would love to find one without having to wear a chest strap :)

Deb
  • kbop
    kbop Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar F4 HRM online. It's supposed to come in today. It has a chest strap and a cute lil pink watch that records calories burned, time, heart rate, and steps. Can't wait to get it!
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I just purchased a polar F4 also.. I also thought the chest strap would be a hassle but it isn't at all. I love it..I bought a cheap HRM watch and it just wasn't accurate, so took it back and got a polar well worth the extra money!!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Can I ask you where you girls purchased your Polar HRM ???

Thank you !!!!!:happy:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    Can I ask you where you girls purchased your Polar HRM ???

Thank you !!!!!:happy:
    try polardiscount.com