• Looking for a low carb entree. This one sounds great! Thx, Vivian
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    bump!

i plan to try this.
    thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    adding to topics. so excited to try this!
  • Yummy! Thank you!
  • sabbles
    Good Substitutions: spinach, or sundried tomatoes! :smile:
    I didn't use the ham. I had the Oscar Meyer honey roastes turkey and only had to put 1 slice on each and it was perfect. I also seasoned it with some creole seasoning and garlic powder. Just make sure you don't go overcook the chicken breast. A lot of reciped I have tried using chicken breast don't give the correct time for the chicken breast to cook so they end up not done, so instead of me checking I just assumed this and cooked it 10 minutes longer and it was a little dry. You know what they say happens when we *kitten*-US-ME.

Does anyone know what a good substitution for the ham in the recipe would be?

Has anyone tried it substituting the ham for something else?
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Ooh the spinach and/or sundried tomatoes sound deeelish! :love:
  • sabbles
    Made this for dinner -- delish!!

I used thin sliced chicken breast so I didn't have to pound the chicken. With the thin slices, I only needed 3/4 of a wedge of laughing cow, and 2 thin sliced pieces of ham. They stayed rolled without toothpicks or the use of a muffin tin. I topped with a light spritz of olive oil and grill seasoning. With a 2 cups of garden salad, 2 tbls of light ranch dressing, and two chicken wraps (because they are so thin), I had a fantastic dinner for under 400 calories (300-somethingish).

Thank you so much for posting!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    you can also try this recipe in a crockpot. Add a can of low fat cream of celery soup or chicken or mushroom soup...yummy.....
  • I'm definitely going to try this tonight!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.